Thread: Sony Vaio PCV 6603 Desktop Start up problems

Sony Vaio PCV 6603 Desktop Start up problems

Hello there, I have recently bought a Sony Vaio desktop computer which is installed with Windows XP operating system. The problem is I am not able to start the computer, whenever the power button is pressed the system displays "Boot the system in Safe mode". When I hit enter again the same screen is displayed. I dont understand what is causing the such problems. So if anybody else is facing similar Sony Vaio PCV 6603 Desktop Start up problems, then please suggest some solutions.

Re: Sony Vaio PCV 6603 Desktop Start up problems

The operating system on the computer has failed and hence you are getting such error. The operating system of the computer has lot of files associated to it. If any of the file which is associated to the operating system is corrupt or missing then the operating system will not work properly. Therefore you will have to install the operating system again on the computer. Insert the installation disk of the operating system and then boot the system from the disk. Select the Repair windows installation or install fresh copy of the operating system. Once the operating system is installed again on the computer, then you will not face the same problem again.

The information which is required for the computer to boot is stored in the BIOS due to a battery which is situated on the motherboard. Open the computer and locate the battery on the motherboard. Remove the battery and check the voltage of the battery using a Digital multimeter. The voltage of the battery should be between 2.5 volts to 3 volts. If the voltage of the battery is less than 2.5 volts then the system will give such problems. Therefore replace the battery. After replacing the battery, the system will boot normally.

I think the hard drive of the computer is failing due to which the system is not starting. The operating system of the computer is stored on the hard drive of the computer. If the hard drive of the compute is not working properly, the operating system will not boot. Remove the hard drive and connect it to some other computer. Check if the hard drive is detected. If the hard drive is detected, run all the diagnostic tools on the hard drive. Check if there are any errors. If the errors are rectified, then try booting the computer from the hard drive else you will have to replace the hard drive of the computer.

As the computer is new, I would suggest that you call up the customer support of Sony and get the computer checked by their technician. All the sony products are covered under 1 year warranty under which all the problems except the physical damage problem are repaired for free. Before contacting customer support, try restoring the system. Insert the recovery disk in the drive and boot the system. Choose the option "Restore without formatting" and let the procedure complete. Once the procedure is complete, see if the system boots.