Thread: Power Supply With 4-Pin Power Cable

Power Supply With 4-Pin Power Cable

Hello,
    I have a laptop with 300 watt power supply. But now I feel that this is now very low for future upgrades. The problem is that this does not have a power supply for the 4-pin power cable which is needed by the audio cards now a days. So, what is the replacement for this power supply. If you can recommend some then it would be helpful to me. Thanks in advance.

Re: Power Supply With 4-Pin Power Cable

Hello,
    I think the one which you are using is mostly found for the floppy derives which are used in the computer. I think only one cable is provided by the PSU's. If you have a floppy driver in your computer then you have to take the help of the floppy drive and use if for the power supply. I think a cable for the same will be provided by your laptop vendor, if you do not then you can purchase if from any hardware shop.

Hello,
    If you have a cable available with you then I think you can simple connect it to al most all the devices for the power supply. Also, note that do not buy a cheap brand products, because they will have a problem in the future for sure. Some of the good vendors are SilverStone, Enermax, Antec, OCZ etc. If you are thinking to convert the LP's then I think the ratio should be somewhere to 320kbps or more will be better.

Hello,
    One question for you, for the hard disk or the cd or dvd power cables do you have the regular power supply or some external power supply. If you have the normal power supply the you can buy an adapter cable and then you can connect to the 4-pin connector. I think this is the easy way to do it. If you are using this method then you may not have to upgrade your system and without upgrading the system you can use it.

Hello,
    I think rather it would be great if you upgrade your system . Because if you are going to apply the temporary solution for this then very soon you are in problem. So, it would be better if you upgrade your system. Also, the connector which is mentioned above is not the perfect solution for the problem. I guess I am correct here. Still, if you need to implement the external connector and try things out you can go forward. Though I recommend you to upgrade you hardware.