Thread: Reading Raw data of SD (MMC) card

Reading Raw data of SD (MMC) card

On the project which I can working on and I had designed a Micro-Controller which can writes an ASCII code of characters and some of the numeric data on to SD Card. The difficulty can be that it can not be file system that can be permitted by the Windows. Hence, I can not use a PC to read the data. Can anyone knows about how to read the raw data of MMC card.

Re: Reading Raw data of SD (MMC) card

The full form of the SD card can be known as Secured Digital. The SD Card can be a memory card that is Removable storage of digital data which can be created an alliance between industry Matsushita, SanDisk and Toshiba. The SD card can be used for saving the files in digital cameras, Navigation Systems by GPS and game consoles of newer generation. The standard capacity of the Secured Digital card can be maximum of 2 GB.

It can be Developed by the SanDisk and Siemens AG. It can be known as the Multimedia card. It can be related on the Toshiba NAND supported flash memory. It can be shorter than as compared to previous systems which can be based on an Intel NOR supported memory like Compact Flash. It can be a flash memory memory card standard.

I can not know about this query. I guess you have to search on the Internet for more. If you can not know how to search then it's OK I will tell you. I am providing you the following link for your convenience. Simply can click on the following link and then you can automatically redirected on the site where the solution for your query can be available.
    Reading Raw data of SD (MMC) card

I can find out an simpler way on a linux system :
    Dismount the SD Card and after that copy the SD card in to the file on your computer HDD, For an example : ~/Desktop/output.raw, with the dd command :
    sudo dd if=/dev/sdd of=~/Desktop/output.raw
    And after that just open up an output. The raw data in a hex editing application. My favorite it called ghex.