Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 26-03-2010

Desktop will not boot after uninstalling Nvidia drivers

I found the very new Nvidia driver 17.15 for my motherboard (Asus M2N nForce 570Sli). I am not able to install it. It also gave an error message that my drive is not updated so i deleted the nVIDIA drivers from the control panel. I installed all the latest nVIDIA drivers and then restarted my system. Desktop will not boot after uninstalling Nvidia drivers Even the computer screen freezed and also the keyboard and mouse did not respond.
Old 26-03-2010

Re: Desktop will not boot after uninstalling Nvidia drivers

Tap F8 while booting your system and then select the option know as 'Start in VGA Mode'. Windows will load automatically but only with the VGA drivers , Not the Nvidia drivers. Now change the resolution to some resolution which suits your monitor. The restart your machine the problem should now be solved.
Old 26-03-2010

The only option you have is to format your system and reinstall the operating system. Because if you are not allowed to start the system since it stopped booting after uninstalling nVIDIA drivers. So the reinstallation will definitely allow you to get in to your system and then install the NVIDIA drivers again.
Old 26-03-2010

To resolve this issue you will have to start the system in the safe mode . Now in the safe mode. Here make sure that the nvidia drivers will be removed from your system. Now install the Nvidia drivers again on your system. Since this will install the drivers in the correct manner and your desktop will start booting.
Old 26-03-2010

Sounds like you have not uninstalled the driver correctly so it would be better to remove it one more time so follow the steps which i have mentioned below.
  • Hit F8 Key continuously after rebooting your machine and select safe mode.
  • This will allow you to enter the system in the safe mode.
  • Now open the device manager and uninstall the driver.
  • Restart your machine it will start working

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , ,