Thread: Windows 7 issue with hp laserjet 1020

Windows 7 issue with hp laserjet 1020

Hello to all,
    I am having this problem from when I installed Windows 7 in my computer. Earlier I have windows xp and then I upgrade to Windows 7. During installing windows 7 I had to remove that hp printer 1020, because without unplugging I unable to complete installation. After installing Windows 7 I installed printer's drivers and after that printer starts giving problem. It means it sometimes doesn't print, unable to shut down computer while printer is connected. My computer works very well when I shut down my printer. Please help me to fix Windows 7 issue with hp laserjet 1020.
    Thank you.

Re: Windows 7 issue with hp laserjet 1020

Hey have you tried to connect your computer in the windows xp mode? If no, then you have to try to connect your hp laserjet 1020 printer in the windows xp mode. You can do this in the following ways.
    First right click on program file -> now select Properties -> Now under the "Compatibility" tab -> now select "Run this program in Compatibility mode" and from the drop - down list Window xp mode and then press Apply and OK.

You have to use following steps to fix this problem.
    1.First you have to download and install hp laserjet 1020 basic printer driver for windows vista. To get this drivers click here.
    2.After downloading that driver, just extract it.
    3.Now select Properties -> Now go to Compatibility Tab -> now select “Run this program in compatibility mode for” Windows Vista and press OK.
    4Now go to device manager-> now go to HP laserjet 1020 which is shown as unknown device -> Now right click on it and then update driver.
    5.Now it will be installed without any problem.
    Last edited by Maxforu; 26-03-2010 at 08:21 PM.

As per your information you have said that you have installed latest drivers from HP and still you have the same problem. Have you check that whether you have latest Windows updates installed on your computer or not. If not then you have to go to the following link for latest updates.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...indows-updates

From your information it seems that you have to uninstall and reinstall your printer software to fix this problem. You also have to remove all the data that is related to that printer such as driver. To remove all the data of printer from your computer you have to use HP Officejet Pro Software and Driver Removal Utility. This Software and Driver Removal Utility is intended for users to remove the HP software from their system. You can get this application at here.

You have to restart the Print Spooler service and the you have to check whether you are able to fix this problem or not. You can do this in following ways.
    First go to Start button -> go to Control Panel -> In the search box -> type administrative tools and then select Administrative Tools -> now open Services -> now right click on the Print Spooler service and select Properties -> on the General tab-> check that Automatic is selected or not -> if service is not running then start the service and press ok.