Thread: Unable to install driver for Canon LBP3000 printer

Unable to install driver for Canon LBP3000 printer

I have a personal computer which runs on Windows 7 home premium edition. I am not able to install the driver for my "Canon laser Printer LBP3000". I have seen that there are driver for my printer which i supposed to be it is for Windows 7 that i found on a particular website. I downloaded it but when i try to install it on my computer, an error message occurs stating that "Cannot correctly run this installer on this operating system, use an installer compatible with this system". I have tried it many times with the compatibility mode but not success. Please help me...

Re: Unable to install driver for Canon LBP3000 printer

Whenever you try to download any of the software or driver which is related to the hardware and some prtable devices. The first thing is to verify the version of the driver or software and also check the compability with your current operating system and then then you can download the exact and proper software or driver to the computer. If you do this way then i think you will not face any kind of problem in installing any of the software or driver.

After seeing your problem i can say that, i think the file which you are trying to install is not compatible with your operating system so please download the suitable driver which can support your operating system. You can also visit the official website of Cannon and from there you can have the exact driver for your printer which can support your operating system. On the website you need to select your printers model and then you can download the proper driver for windows 7.

I also have same printer and also i have downloaded the same driver and it run ok for my computer. As i have seen that it is an rar file which need to be unrar with the help of a software, i think you should need to extract the archive manually using WinRar software. After extracting you can install the printer manually. When you try to connect it and the Windows 7 asks for the drivers, here you need to browse to the driver's location and then select the extracted folder. I am sure that it automatically in one of the subdirectories.

As you have stated that you are not able to install the driver on your computer. I think your new computer like most of the new computers, has more than 3GB of RAM memory, so it had Windows 7 64bit installed on your computer. As i have seen that the canon people have not yet released a 64bit driver for their older laser printers like the one which you have right now. I think you need to replace with the new one which can work fine with the windows 7.

If you are facing this kind of problem with your perfect working printer then you need to then you need to buy a device which can help you connect your printer to your router. In this way you will have a network printer which you can be used on any of the computer in your house even when your on the regular one which is turned off. Also if you have only one computer with the prices of computers these days which are cheaper and you will probably get a second one.