Thread: External eSata HDD is not recognized

External eSata HDD is not recognized

Hi,

I have a recently purchased a western digital 500 gb external hard disk. The problem is that the External eSata HDD is not recognized by my windows xp computer. My pc configuration is win xp, 80 gb internal seagate hdd with 1 gb ram. It is recognized by bios but it is not seen in my computer. Can you please solve my problem ???

Re: External eSata HDD is not recognized

Have you tested the hard disk on other computers? Have you tried to connect it internally into a PC? Does the drive spin up when you plug it into the usb port?. Try the "fdisk /mbr" command or next you got to do a "scandisc /all" on your harddrive, you might solve the problem. Otherwise would consider the hard disk controller card is damaged.

Try another usb cable, in some cases if not in full (do not know about my passport and book) is disarmed hard drives external and internally have a conventional hard disk 3.5 "or 2.5" SATA or PATA being these which you can install in your desktop or laptop (depending on hard drive) at the time to disassemble the case and remove it. the case (cabinet protector and carrier of the hard disk) into a controller which has the hard drive is connected, and this card in turn converts the bus PATA or SATA hard disk to USB, this is done when it connects, in this case if its damage, this little card stops working.

Your turn in the bios to AHCI mode, but you must make some changes in the registry so that windows do not display blue screen, or reformat and install windows with the way place and use the ACHI mode driver for the beginning of the installation. you can also use a software program called Hard Disk Low Level Format Tool, appropriate to start this and see if the unit detects. Proceeds with a low-level format the HDD, if everything is correct this later in the Admin should represent the unadded disk, simply assigned a file system ........

Solution to your problem is, click with the right mouse button on the My Computer icon and the menu that appears, you select the Administration and in the window that opens you go up the tree branch that puts Disk Management, there have information on hard disks connected to the computer and its partitions, from there you can also delete and create partitions and format them or change the partition type. Check if there if you get the external hard drive and format the partition.