Thread: The program could not find any available destinations to which scans can be sent

The program could not find any available destinations to which scans can be sent

Hi,

I have a HP Officejet 5610 All-in-one printer. When I tried to scan photos today, it does not send them to my destination folder. I get the error message, "The program could not find any available destinations to which scans can be sent". Until now I never had this problem. But I had to reinstall last week and now can not save any analysis to the computer. I have also tried to scan directly to a memory stick, it does not save as JPEG file. But now, although you can print and the fax does not work. I can not scan and save whatever is in my win xp computer or a memory stick.

Re: The program could not find any available destinations to which scans can be sent

To resolve error message, "The program could not find any available destinations to which scans can be sent". Follow these steps to restart your computer and reset the printer.

1. Restart your computer.
    2. With the printer on, unplug the power cord from the back of the printer.
    3. Unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet.
    4. Wait 20 seconds.
    5. Reconnect the power cable to the printer and reconnect the power cord into the electrical outlet.
    6. If the printer does not turn on, press the power button

Re: The program could not find any available destinations to which scans can be sent

To remove the error, delete temporary files and folders by running the tool Disk Cleanup. To start the tool Disk Cleanup, go to Start and choose Programs, Accessories, click on System Tools, and then click Disk Cleanup. The Cleanup utility analyzes the hard drive and then gives a report with a list of options with checkboxes next to them. Choose the appropriate check boxes to remove unnecessary components. The Cleanup utility frees hard disk space on your computer.

When the computer is On, a software group called TSR (TSR) programs automatically loads. These programs activate some of the profits of the computer, such as anti-virus software, which are not required to operate the equipment. Occasionally, TSRs prevent the printer software to load not installed correctly.

Reinstall the Hp software Go to the installation location of the file downloaded. Double-click the file, and when the installer welcome screen, click Install. Follow the onscreen instructions to reinstall the software. Important: Choose the typical or recommended installation if the installer prompts you. This ensures that the HP scanning software installed.

Try scanning without HP imaging software. Windows provides a basic set of drivers scan, also known as Windows Image Acquisition (WIA), which can be used as an alternative to explore an issue that can not scan using HP drivers. Or Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, and then click Paint. Click File and then click Import from Camera or Scanner. Make any configuration changes you want, then click Scan.