Thread: Not able to use Webcam on Satellite L505 S6946

Not able to use Webcam on Satellite L505 S6946

Hi,
    I have a Satellite L505 S6946 in which I had connected a webcam. I have Windows XP on it. The cam is not working here. I am facing big problem with my WebCam on MSN for a while I have the person who is at the other end can no longer see me and me either, over and against the person and the the other end I see well, so I would know how to solve this problem thank you. The issue is same on skype and yahoo messenger.

Re: Not able to use Webcam on Satellite L505 S6946

I am too having the same problem as you. I am not able to view my cam on yahoo or msn. I thought DirectX. I reinstalled my messenger. Also, having once downloaded, I'm back on my yahoo and miraculously recovered a cam running. Did you tried to make a config audio / video in msn. Go to Tool for audio and video configuration. When you arrive at your web cam watching if that's your model cam is in select the cam to use.

No its not from the ant-virus that try to disable it, the driver of the webcam may not be well recognized by the operating system. I have a webcam that works very well off Apart from MSN if I have a our computer to post the same facility that one except that it is an AMD and running smoothly is the Pentium 4. Is DirectX or driver of the graphics card may be the cause.

Because I had exactly the same problem as you and I have to solve it. In fact, in MSN requires some settings configuration. For this you have to go into tools, setup audio and video that you select your web cam. Well, I hope it will work for you too. I want to say that I too at first it worked very well and only one shot (without changing my settings) it does not work only in MSN.

If your contact can not see you on Skype now several solutions to your problem. In Skype go to > tools > general > Options > Video > select the correct device + enable skype video > start the video automatically when a call > select > automatically receive the video of everyone. Be sure that another program does not use the webcam, it's attention can be an invisible process, go to task manager (ctrl alt del) to control all that. Check the configuration of your webcam from the control panel or the utility of the cam manufacturer.

Uninstall the drivers for the device will then download the latest drivers from the vendor website of the webcam and download the latest version (reboot before installation). You can do this settings from the Device Manager. If this also does not work then your web cam is damaged for non functional. You will have to check on a different system and look for replacement.