Thread: RAM not recognized by Asus M2A-VM HDMI board

RAM not recognized by Asus M2A-VM HDMI board

Hi,
    I have purchased some new RAM stick to increase up my system performance. I have a Asus M2A-VM motherboard with corsair ram and a nvidia 1GB graphic card support. I already had 2GB RAM and I want to add more 4GB to it. This will make it to 6GB which is quiet a high for me. But as I added 2 2GB stick the system started restarting. I think the board is not recognizing the ram.

Re: RAM not recognized by Asus M2A-VM HDMI board

Did you have checked your hard configuration properly. Take out the manual of the motherboard and then check the proper technical specification of your motherboard. Sometime motherboard does not supports some ram configuration. Here is your motherboards memory specification. It has a Dual channel memory architecture with support of 4 x 240-pin DIMM. The maximum number of RAM support is 8GB DDR2 800/667/533 ECC and Non-ECC,un-buffered memory.

Have you placed your RAM properly on the motherboard. Do this first boot your computer without adding the new RAM. If this works then add one stick and try back. Follow the procedure and try with other one. Try to check where your computer restarts. May be one of the stick in the ram is either not compatible or defective. Or you have a damage slot on your board.

Have you checked your RAM properly. First match the pairs where you have purchased. If both the RAM stick belong to different manufacturers then might be this can be the reason for your problem. If a motherboard finds a different RAM modules then disables the dual channel mode automatically. You will have to find out similar hardware for better performance for the same.

It is possible that you are using a low quality and unbranded RAM that are defective or does not fits your motherboard. The chips on the RAM are rarely known to the BIOS configuration. This type of RAM's always creates issue on motherboards. Or you have a defective module. You can try to check the same on a different computers and then get a conclusion on it.

There can be following assumption related to your problem. First you might have a fault ram slots on the motherboard or you might have not used it for a long time. You will need to test each slot. The other is that you have not properly placed your processor. Did you have bent pins on your processor. Check them. Third is that you integrated memory controller of CPU is faulty. But this is very rare.