Thread: How to fix Gateway battery problem

How to fix Gateway battery problem

Hi,
    I had got some Gateway laptops for repairing. The main issue in them is that the battery does not work. In the first model Gateway Model W340UA the batter does not charge anymore. I had tired adding up different adapters, but no progress here. the battery icon on the desktop just shows 50%. The other one is a 17" notebook which drains battery fast. What should I do to fix them.

Re: How to fix Gateway battery problem

The only first thing I will suggest you is to replace the old damaged batteries. Batteries have a specific life cycle. After some period of time they does not work properly. Mainly it is termed as the batteries have life cycle of 2 years. But some goes down under a short period. That depends on your usage. But if you keep on using the older damaged batteries then your system will be affected much.

If you have a new battery then it is recommended that you must charge your batter for first 14 to 16 hours overnight before using that. This helps the batter to initialize its maximum capacity and give you a stable working hours. If you try to preserve the batter at hotter condition then your batteries life is reduces to great extent. It must be placed around a maximum temperature of 40 degrees.

I think you have a bad battery. Due to which it is not getting fully charged up. I will recommend you replace the older battery before you damage your system much. Some time people have habit of connecting the batteries for a long time as said. This also reduces the battery life. You cannot repair a battery here. Only you can replace the same for a better use.

Buy a new adapter for your laptop and then see. Don't use old ones. In my laptop I was facing the similar issue where my batter was not showing up charging indications. So after that when I connected my battery started showing the charging indications. At last I have to replace the battery for good usage. This the only solution to prevent more damage to your laptop.

First check your ac adapter socket on the laptops. In my case my laptop was not at all charging. For this then I de-soldered the ac jack and replace the same to new one. Now the laptop is charging. But for this you need some advance knowledge about the same or else you can show that to the service center for genuine parts. That will be a better alternative.