Thread: Windows XP can not locate Hp printer drivers

Windows XP can not locate Hp printer drivers

hi,

I have HP Deskjet F4185 printer. The problem is that when I try to install the the drivers from the Hp software installation CD, my computer gives me an error message, Windows XP can not locate Hp printer drivers. What may be the problem ?? Why it is unable to locate from the installation cd ???

Re: Windows XP can not locate Hp printer drivers

You should not install the software from the original CD that was included in the box with the all-in-one. This software does not work on Windows XP. If you tried to install the HP software that came with the all-in-one, delete it using Add / Remove Programs in Windows Control Panel. Then install the driver again from the Hp website.

Plug and Play does not function properly if there is a problem that prevents the all-in-one to communicate with the computer. Windows XP can not locate drivers is the most common problem that you may encounter when installing the driver built into Windows XP. You should verify that the port mode is configured as ECP in the BIOS of the computer.

If not removed the software all-in-one PC before upgrading to Windows XP, the software version is incorrect. The CD included with the all-in-one HP you can see versions of Windows that the software supports. If Windows XP does not appear in the listing of the CD, then the software is not compatible with Windows XP.

The person performing the software installation must have administrator rights on your computer. To determine if you have administrator rights, click Start, Control Panel, and then click User Accounts. Under the user name will read "Computer administrator" or "limited account". Only administrators can change the access level of an account.

If the drivers built into Windows XP have been moved, deleted, or were never installed, you see an error message telling you that missing driver files. By default, Windows XP loads the driver cab files on the hard drive of computer A CAB file, also called the cabinet, is a single file that stores compressed files. When you install a program, Windows unzip the files in the cab file and copy them into the appropriate directory. The system manufacturer or the installer can override this process when you install Windows XP drivers. CAB files for the integrated drivers of All-in-one are located in the C: \ Windows \ Driver Cache \ i386 \ driver.cab. If the folder does not contain the Windows Driver Cache and i386 folders, you can not install the drivers. These files may have been deleted accidentally.