Thread: Hpqscnvw.exe has stopped working

Hpqscnvw.exe has stopped working

Hi,

I have a HP c7280 printer, I am getting error message "hpqscnvw has stopped working" on my windows vista pc. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the scanner software but still receive the error when run directly when the two-chain, or from the HP Solution Center. Can someone tell me on what I should do to get my printer/scanner working and get rid of this message?

Re: Hpqscnvw.exe has stopped working

You can try to run that file that is located in C:/Program Files/HP Digital Imaging/bin/hpqscnvw.exe, double-click that file and open the browser window and if you ever stop working, saying that too, you gonna have to uninstall and reinstall everything. If you can not see the digital image, This is in the C:/Program Files/HP Digital Imaging, try this folder C:/Program Files/Hewlett ackard/digital images/bin/hpqscnvw.exe

The HP Solution Center software that comes with many scanners HP has an error which crashes if enabled Tablet functionality in windows Vista. You need to ensure that you have not installed another printer driver or device software images installed on your computer. Also make sure, Digital Imaging Monitor is running on the system tray and USB chipset is properly updated.

Try the following steps, to remove error message, Hpqscnvw.exe has stopped working :

1. On the Windows taskbar, click the Windows icon.
    2. For Start menu, go to run and press Enter. Displays the Run dialog box.
    3. Then type services.msc and click OK. Appears Services Management Console.
    4. Scroll through the list of services until you find the Tablet PC Input Service.
    5. Double-click Tablet PC Input Service.
    6. Click STOP to stop the service.
    7. Complete the task of scanning from HP Solution Center.
    8. Restart the Tablet PC Input Service to restore all the Tablet PC functionality.

You can also perform the following steps to remove the error message :
    1. In the Windows taskbar, click the Windows icon.
    2. Go to menu, click Computer and double-click the C: drive, double-click the Program Files folder and then double-click the folder hp.
    3. Click Digital Imaging, and then in bin.
    4. Search hpqscnvw.exe and double-click the file to start the scanning program.

You can stop the services of tablets into administrative tools and go to services. There you will see a Tablet PC Input Service, you must right click on it and stop this service. After stopping the service that can be scanned normally, when done then you can restart the service and use a compressed again. You can also right-click on the service and go to properties and change from an automatic connection to a manual start option. However, this will keep your device working tablet until it begins service, or re-activate it.