Thread: M15x unable to turn on

M15x unable to turn on

Hello to all,
    I am having this strange problem from the last week. From last week my M15x laptop repeatedly shut down, that's why I remove RAM of my computer and again put it back properly. Then when I tried to turn on my computer, it turn on but nothing happened. It means there is nothing appeared on the screen, like windows login screen. It just has a blank screen. I don't know why M15x unable to turn on? Please help me to fix this problem.
    Thank you.

Re: M15x unable to turn on

You have to use following steps to fix this problem.
    1.First remove battery and AC Adapter cord from your laptop.
    2.Now press power button for around 30 seconds.
    3.Now try to plug your AC Adapter without battery to your computer.
    4.Now remove the AC adapter from your computer -> Now reset the board -> Now press and hold power button when you plug in the AC Adapter cord.
    5. If still your computer doesn't start then remove you RAM and again put it properly.
    6.Now insert battery and plug in the AC Adapter, now try to turn on your computer.

From your information it seems that your computer's has been damaged and that's why you are getting such type of problem. Why you have remove RAM from your computer without any help of technician. It seems that you have make some damages to it and that's why it becomes unusable for your computer. In this case you have to have to use new RAM for your computer to fix this problem.

It seems that there is some BIOS related issue. I think you have to flash your BIOS with your older version to fix this problem. To do this you have to use USB key or other external device to flash your BIOS. Just restart your computer and press F2 to go into BIOS set up. Now you have to check whether your BIOS is upgrade with new version or not.

You have to use following steps to fix this problem. If you are tried to flash your BIOS using CD then use following steps.
    First try to mount image on a USB flash drive -> Now boot from the the flash drive -> now run the BIOS executable -> now restart your computer.

I think you have made some damages to your computer's small internal parts and that's why your M15x unable to turn on. It is not like your desktop computer, on which you can do experiment. Laptop's internal parts are very delicate and small damages to it can be result in failure of that part. I think you also have done the same. In this case you have to repair your M15x laptop from the branded store to fix this problem.