Thread: Transferring data from old IDE hard drive to new SATA hard drive

Transferring data from old IDE hard drive to new SATA hard drive

Recently i have purchased the new desktop computer system which has the SATA hard drive support. I also have the old computer which has the IDE hard drive support. But the old system is only working in the safe mode. I want to Transfer data from old IDE hard drive to new SATA hard drive. How can i do it? I dont want to attach the IDE hard drive on the new system using the IDE to SATA converter.

Re: Transferring data from old IDE hard drive to new SATA hard drive

You are having the old computer system which has the IDE hard drive and alsp the new desktop which has the SATA hard drive. You want to transfer the data of old computer to the new computer system. Well you can connect the old hard drive to the new system using the IDE to SATA converter cable but you dont want to do that because if you will open the cabinet of the system then the warranty of the system will lapse.

There are many ways by which you can transfer the data from the old hard drive to the new hard drive of the different computer systems. If you are having the pen drive then you can do it easily. Copy the data from the other system and paste it in the new system. However this is very tedious and time consuming method of the data transfer.

I will advice you to use the portable external USB hard drive for this purpose. Connect the External hard drive to the old computer system and copy all the data on the portable hard drive and after that connect the external hard drive on the new system and save it on the hard drive of the new system. By this way you can easily transfer the data from one system to another system.

I think some of the new motherboard come with the SATA port as well as the IDE port for connecting the hard drives. So it may be possible that you system's motherboard is also having the IDE port for connecting the old hard drive. So you can connect the hard drive of old system to the new without the IDE to SATA connector.

You are saying that your old computer system is working in the safe mode so you can transfer the data from the old system to new system through the LAN connectivity. Connect both the computer using the LAN card of the system. If there is problem is data transfer in the safe mode then reboot the system in safe mode with networking mode. Now the data transfer will start. By this way you can easily do the data transfer from old system to the new one.