Thread: Hp Error message "scanner not found"

Hp Error message "scanner not found"

Hi,

My scanner does not work. It is an HP Scanjet 2200c. When I launch the software it says "unable to initialize the scanner (scanner not found). I installed it on another computer but nothing changes. My drivers are reinstalled and updated. I searched in the device manager and can not find it in the list. How do I resolve this error message ??

Re: Hp Error message "scanner not found"

This is usually the result of a scanning error, faulty installation, communication problems or software conflicts. Close all programs and restart the PC. It is possible that Windows requires a task that has disappeared or system resources available may have decreased because they failed to perform tasks. Restarting update all Windows tasks, while increasing available system resources.

Run a communications test. Open the toolbox of HP Scanjet 2200c and select the Services tab. Click Communication from the test product and then test. There is some communication problem if the test fails. Turn off the computer and printer, and disconnect completely and reconnect the parallel cable from it. Verify that the HP is connected directly to the PC. If you installed a printer or scanner on the system rather than the HP, uninstall the software for those devices. Remove any software keys or backpacks.

The installation might be faulty. Uninstall the HP Officejet software, close the tasks that are running in the background and then reinstall the driver. Turn off Active Desktop. Turning off Active Desktop may correct the problem. Click the right mouse button on the free space on the Windows desktop and choose Active Desktop. If there is a checkmark next to "View as Web page", remove it by selecting it.

You need to close programs running in the background: Restart your PC and then simultaneously press the keys CTRL + ALT + DEL. Thus Close Programs window appears. Highlight and click End Task on all running tasks, HPODLB08 except Explorer and Systray, one at a time. Every time you have to press CTRL + ALT + DEL. Explore again to determine if one of these tasks was the source of the problem.

Change the parallel port mode. Enter the system BIOS settings and change the parallel port mode. This should be done during the system boot cycle. The BIOS settings vary depending on the system, so can not offer specific instructions. Please contact your PC vendor for assistance. When starting the system, wait until you receive a message indicating Pulse (key) to enter the setup. Press the indicated key. Find the section or sheet Input / Output or integrated peripherals section. Locate the parallel port settings. If the parallel port mode is set to something other than ECP, change it to ECP mode, if there is an option. If no option is ECP, Bidirectional mode select Standard or SPP. If you already selected ECP, change the setting to Standard Bidirectional SPP. Some systems (usually laptops) do not work properly in ECP mode or advanced features.