Thread: Corsair H50 Fan is not spinning

Corsair H50 Fan is not spinning

Hello,

When I turn on my computer, the Corsair H50 fan starts to turn (normal), but it stops soon! I don't know how to reset LED on the motherboard because there is nothing written on it and I have no instructions . Could you tell me if my fan is broken or if it's because of the fact that the son of the front panel are not connected?

Re: Corsair H50 Fan is not spinning

The yellow wire is for speed sensor, maybe broken or AST was losing connection fan vibration. Try another fan if it is there. The fan should have come with a Molex adapter. Try connecting the fan directly to the power supply and see if it spins up. If everything on the motherboard works, except the head of the fan. Get an adapter to connect the fan in one of the power leads coming directly from the power supply. Or, get a fan that connects directly to one of the wiring. Without going through the motherboard and see if that takes care of it.

Modern processors (since the P4, including your A64) have many protections against heat, then it slows down the machine automatically shut off. In addition they have a heat spreader which allows the core does not reach a melting temperature even without cooling, and it create no problem over 120 degrees of temperatures.

Remove the RAM chips you've added and you restart the PC to verify that the problem is not her. If the fan is not broken down further, it will necessarily replace. I do not think the problem comes from the fan because at boot the PC, even if the fan is not running, you should get something on the screen - so that the processor is not too hot. Also, you say it works elsewhere. Check also if you loose during disassembly you should not have touched the video card.

If Corsair H50 Fan is not spinning or stop immediately when you start pc. Try the following things :

- Check that the fan is properly connected to the motherboard (on-pin CPU Fan logically)
    - Remove and clean the fan
    - Placing the thermal paste on the processor
    - Fit the fan and check that it is flat
    - Start the PC with the hood open
    - If the fan is not running yet, stop immediately the PC and change the fan

Do not start your computer until you get the fan spins at full speed. If you must run, leaving the case cover and note that you must enough have a room fan blowing directly on the cpu to see if heatsink. Check CPU fans spin freely and turn off or turn blow on it with a toothpick, etc. If it does, or replace the fan or purchase and install a new heatsink \ fan combo.