Thread: HP Officejet 4215 printer not working Windows 7

HP Officejet 4215 printer not working Windows 7

Hello there, I have a desktop computer which is installed with Windows 7 on it. The problem which I am facing is that HP Officejet 4215 printer is not working Windows 7. I have recently upgraded the operating system on the computer from Windows XP to Windows 7 but when the printer is connected to the system it is not detected by the system. The printer is connected to the computer using USB cable. So if anybody knows why the printer is not working then please share some information about the same.

Re: HP Officejet 4215 printer not working Windows 7

First check if the cord which you are using to connect the printer to the computer is proper. As you have mentioned that the cord which you are using is a USB cord it may be faulty. USB cord consist of many lines of conductors. These lines of the conductors can get damaged due to improper storage or handling. Therefore I would suggest you to check the connecting cord first before doing any further troubleshooting.

Printer also has a firmware installed in it. Firmware of the printer like any other software can get corrupt or can get stuck in a loop while executing some command. If the firmware of the printer gets stuck in some loop then the printer will not get detected by the computer and to bring the printer back to working condition you will have to reset the printer. To reset the printer, press the power button and the paper feed button together while starting the printer. Keep the keys pressed till all the LED's on the printer glow. Once all the LED's on the printer glow, release the buttons and see if the printer is getting detected.

Check if the drivers for the printer are installed and working properly on the computer. Every device which is connected to the computer, require a set of drivers to be installed on the computer so that the device works properly. Drivers work as mediator between the operating system and the device. If the appropriate drivers are not installed then the device will not work properly. To check if the drivers are working and installed properly, right click on My computer and select Device manager. Highlight the installed printer and see if there is any caution signs. Follow the troubleshooting procedure and see if the printer is working. If troubleshooting does not help, then try and update the drivers.

According to me the printer of the computer is faulty and needs to be replaced. The printer is not getting detected by the computer this indicates that the computer is not able to communicate with the printer properly. Therefore I would suggest get the printer checked by some technician at the authorized service center of HP. The technician will check the printer thoroughly and will list all the problems with the printer. If the printer is repairable then get it serviced otherwise buying a new printer would be a better option.

Windows 7 has lot of compatibility issues with many of the manufacturers of the devices. Due to this incompatibility issue, lot of devices do not work properly in Windows 7. The incompatibility issue rises due to the unavailability of the appropriate drivers. Hence go to the official website of the manufacturer of the printer and download the latest drivers which are available for the model of the printer which you are using and which are supported by Windows 7. After installing appropriate drivers the printer will work without any problems.