Thread: Error Code 2753 - Fatal Error MSI.dot4wrp

Error Code 2753 - Fatal Error MSI.dot4wrp

Hi,

I'm using Windows XP and HP officejet L7780 Printer. I'm trying to reinstall after running the program of work for a year or more. Now gives a fatal error while reloading. It gives me error message eror code "Failed Error During Installation. MSI.dot4wrp... Error Code 2753". I have even installed the update to the Windows Installer. How do I remove this error ??

Re: Error Code 2753 - Fatal Error MSI.dot4wrp

I was getting the same error message, Error Code 2753 - Fatal Error MSI.dot4wrp. I tried several solutions, and even delete entries related registry windows printer, the customer had to go buy a USB printer cable to use for installation, and it perform the installation if the problem persists then be re - connects me to continue assistance.

You have to uninstall and reinstall the HP software. If you still have the HP software CD that comes with the product, you can insert the CD into the CD drive, then follow the instructions to uninstall the software. If you do not have the CD, follow these instructions to uninstall the software. You can use the software CD that came with your product to install, but for the latest software from HP recommends downloading and installing the software HP Web site. If already downloaded the software, you do not have to download again .

Remove the registry keys and Reinstall the HP software

1. Click the plus sign (+) next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

2. Click the plus sign (+) next to SOFTWARE .

3. Click the plus sign (+) next to Hewlett-Packard .

4. Right-click all keys for the product in use and any prior printers that you no longer use, and then click Delete .

I think my error code 2753 was due to recent updates done by MSI.dot4wrp. So I decided to uninstall it but I reinstall all I kept getting the stupid error code 2753. Even after making the suggested level 3 uninstall of HP who are still all the things you said they were in the system32 folder and the registry. The uninstaller HP recommends not clean or System32 folder all registry values. It must be done manually if all other attempts fail to reinstall your software. I deleted all files that start with HPQ, HPX, and HPZ or both areas, the computer restarts, reinstalling the software package downloaded from HP and now my printer is fully operating.