Thread: Merging unallocated space with primary partition

Merging unallocated space with primary partition

Hello,

I got the Sony Vaio and it came with the 40GB HDD split almost evenly between C: and D: partitions. I'll never have a reason for multiple OS. I don't have any well reason for a partitioned drive, that I know of. Having to direct all data to D: is a royal pain, especially since this is a family PC and no one is specifically adept.

I backed up all the data on D: and removed the partition. Now I can't seem to merge the unallocated space with the primary drive. I have been trying to do so in Disk Management, but to no avail.

How do I merge the unallocated space with the Primary Drive?

You know the price are getting paid to do this task which is near to the $75.00 , It is the type of task that is not possible to do in Windows, you would be bonded to wipe your C drive (windows drive) and then reinstall of Windows then after unless you require to use a 3rd party software.

A lot of free tools are provided, but I have never used anyone yet to do this. As long as you are ready for the eventuality of having to again installation of Windows though, there would be no harm in giving one a go.

Actually it's much simpler way to do it.
    This task can be done with the help of computer management within the computer management tools.If you are in Computer Management then make a right click on the drive you need to use and choose Extend Volume.Sitting there for the options should be the unallocated space.Now click on the next and then after both partitions of disk would be merged and converts into your basic drive.

I will say sorry ! if it is not well going be happen on your computer system. You may have already tried this and commonly have a separate issues than what I did. According to me,it should be much helpful for you.

The procedure of creating a new partition can be happened in two methods:
    The first step contains the click to the Unallocated memory space in the GUI section of the display. Then You can go ahead for the menu and choose

Action => All Tasks => New Partition

And another way is just make a right click onto the Unallocated memory space in the GUI display section and choose New Partition and get start.

The Move and Resize Partition function provides the facility to the user to modify the size and position of partitions on the hard disk containing all on-disk information intact.There are some steps that you have to follow:

1. Choose a partition from the Disk Map.

2. Now access the Resize/Move Partition dialog to describe exact configuration. There are different methods to do it:

Choose from the Main menu: Partitions > Resize / Move

Access the popup menu for the choose partition on the Disk Map or from the List of Partitions and then choose the menu item: Resize / Move.

3. Describe the parameters of the operation with the Resize/Move Partition dialog.

4. The action would be performed currently after confirmation.