Thread: Unable to save data on Seagate 1TB external hard drive

Unable to save data on Seagate 1TB external hard drive

Hi friends,
    There is a problem with my hard drive, i am unable to save or make changes of data on external hard drive. My hard drive is Seagate 1TB which is external hard drive, I am not understanding what is happening with the hard drive, i cannot add or delete data or files from this hard drive. So please help me in solving out this problem and also guide me with the problem why it is happening.

Re: Unable to save data on Seagate 1TB external hard drive

I think you need to re-install your hard drives driver on your computer and then you can try to connect your external hard drive through usb slot. If it reads and you can save the data on the external then its ok and if it diesn't then you can contact your dealer and then you can place your problem to provide some solution for the problem. If you face any kind of problem with your hard drive its better to contact your hard drive's manufacturer.

I think you need to format your hard drive with the help of format option which is available in the my computer when you connect your external hard drive. After connecting it to the computer you need to go to My Computer and there you will find remavable disk then just do a right click on it and then you can format it by selecting format option which is available in the list. After that remove it and then after some time re-connect it, the problem will be solved.

YOu need to check out the virus infection in your external hard drive, to do this you need to update your computers antivirus and then you can scan the drive of the external hard drive in the my computer with the updated antivirus to remove any of the infection so that it can perform normally. Also you need to scan your computer to remove any virus infection becuase if your hard drive id infected then the virus can travel to your computer. So its better to scan both computer and as well as external hard drive.

You can use "USB Disk Security" in your computer which can help you to remove all the infected filed which can be present in your external hard drive which is not allowing you to add or delete datas on it. This is a great tool which is used to remove all the threas from the usb drive and help to protect your computer from spreading usb virus. So if you want the you can download it from the internet which is available for free.

This external hard drive i think it is not safe to use with our computers. I have heard most of the cases about this hard drive and if you want then you can use some different one, because most of the people they have changed it to other one. It is not secure and also it gets corrupted easily by any dangerous virus. So in order to get rid from this problem please change it to the other one.