Thread: Hp Error : The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable

Hp Error : The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable

Hi,

I have a hp deskjet 3920 printer. When I start my window xp pc, I get an error message that The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. I think some file is corrupt or missing. What should I do ??? Is it related to hp printer or window xp ?? How do I solve this problem ?

Re: Hp Error : The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable

If you have the software CD that came with your product, insert the HP software CD into the CD team. If the HP Setup screen opens, click Exit to cancel the installation. Open Windows Explorer. In the folder pane, go to the CD on your computer. Click the plus sign (+) next to the CD to expand the list. Click the plus sign (+) next to the installation folder. Click the folder that corresponds to the filename in the error message. In the right pane of Windows Explorer window, double click the MSI file associated with the error message. The Windows Installer window opens and installs the missing file.

Re: Hp Error : The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable

To remove error message Error : The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable, Use Microsoft's 'Windows Installer Cleanup' utility. If the error persists, you may be able to use the cleanup tool from Microsoft to clean up the MSI log entries associated with the error. You have to reinstall some files after running this tool.

These errors occur because the installation of a software package has not ended, or trying to repair a missing file or a registry entry removed. To help avoid these errors, make sure the registry cleaning tools and removal tools spyware does not remove the files and registry entries related with HP software. But if you want to delete a software title from HP in particular, removed using the Windows uninstaller.

You need to uninstall the HP software. Disconnect the USB cable that connects the product to the computer. Open the Windows Control Panel. Open the list of programs that are installed and uninstall the software. Then follow the screen instructions to complete the removal of the software. If prompted to remove shared files, click No. Other programs use these files might not work if you delete the files.