Thread: The Plug and Play installation fails to start

The Plug and Play installation fails to start

Hi,

I have a hp photosmart f2480 printer. The problem is that after connecting the USB cable to the printer when prompted during installation the Plug and Play installation fails to start. I have even turned off antivirus and firewall. I connect the USB cable to the appropriate time requested. What may be the problem ???? Is that problem related to windows xp ???

Re: The Plug and Play installation fails to start

Uninstall USB Printing Support from Device Manager. Go in My Computer, press Properties, go to the Hardware tab and then click Device Manager. press the plus sign (+) sign to expand the Universal Serial Bus controllers tab. Then Right-click on USB Printing Support, press Uninstall, and then press OK. Disconnect the USB cable from the computer and the product.

Make sure the USB cable is connected correctly to the HP Photosmart f2480. The small end of the USB cable connects the device to the device in one direction. The icon for the USB cable generally faces the connecting cable. Insert the small end of the USB cable fully into the USB port on the back of the product. The USB icon denotes the USB port on the product.

Uninstall the driver, HP Photosmart printer software using the CD and then install it again. Use the following steps to uninstall the product software using the software CD.

1. Insert the HP Photosmart printer driver on your computer.

2. Allow the autorun CD. If the CD does not run automatically, double-click My Computer, then double click the CD or DVD. Welcome screen appears.

3. Select the Uninstall option on the Welcome screen and then click Next.

4. Click Next again to start the uninstall process. The last screen of the uninstall process will uninstall the entire screen.

5. Disconnect the USB cable from the product, select Yes, I want to restart my computer now and then click Finish to restart the computer.

Connect the cable to another USB port on your computer. For example, if the USB cable into the port at the computer, disconnect the cable, then connect to a port on the back of the computer. If the USB cable connects to a USB hub or docking station, disconnect the USB cable and then connect directly to your computer. The Plug and Play installation should start automatically.

Try different USB cable, use it to try the installation again. Disconnect all USB devices from the computer except the keyboard, the mouse, and the hp photosmart f2480 printer. If the Plug and Play installation starts automatically, allow the installation to continue. Reconnect all USB devices to the computer, including the HP Photosmart printer. If the printer does not print with the other USB devices connected, the pc might not have enough power for multiple USB devices. Try using a powered USB hub to connect multiple USB devices.