Thread: Hp Deskjet f4280 gives Error Message Paper Size Mismatch

Hp Deskjet f4280 gives Error Message Paper Size Mismatch

Hi,

I have windows xp machine with Hp Deskjet f4280 printer. I am getting error message, paper size mismatch on my printer and I don't know how to solve this error. I have even tried to configure page but it shows that tray 1 is empty. When I pull out the tray and hit OK to print, it prints only half of the page. I don't know what to do ???

Re: Hp Deskjet f4280 gives Error Message Paper Size Mismatch

When printing envelopes in Microsoft Word older version, you get Paper Size error 'Paper Size Mismatch' or 'error message displays on the control panel of the product or equipment. Ignore the error and continue printing. Work print still might be acceptable, even if the paper size and paper type settings are not an exact match. Click OK in the control panel to clear the error message. Try printing again.

To resolve the error message "Paper Size Mismatch", adjust the print settings and adjustments to staffing, the use of the software product, also known as the printer driver to change the print settings for the size of the envelope and type. Then use the Envelopes and Labels tool in Microsoft Word to select the envelope size.

You need to check that you have given the correct envelope size and Labels dialog box before printing envelopes.

1. In Microsoft Word, Go Tools, click Letters and Mailings, and then click Envelopes and Labels.

2. In the Envelopes and Labels dialog box, press the Envelopes tab.

3. Then press Options button.

4. From the drop size on drop-down list, select the required paper size. If you created a custom paper size, select the new custom paper size from the dropdown list.

5. Press OK and then click Close to close the Envelopes and Labels dialog box.

6. Go to File and then press Print to print the envelope.

There is a setting in the Hp Deskjet f4280 printer that allows you to clear the paper size disparity. I do not know exactly where, but you can check the printer manufacturer for details on this option off. Then, the program should work well for you. This bug only seems to occur in printers designed to print photos. I hope this explains the problem.

The Hp Deskjet f4280 printer has a laser that checks the paper size in the printer before printing. This is because it is designed to print photos and need to know the exact size of photo paper. Due to problems with Windows, we have to really fool the printer to print non-standard sized envelopes in a full sheet of paper, while all the print settings to print to the size of the envelope defined.