Thread: Comparison between Cat5e and Cat6

Comparison between Cat5e and Cat6

Hello,

I need to know the difference about some of the cables used in networks to increase the bandwidth and other properties of network.

I am confused to get the difference between the Category 6 Patch Cable and Cat5e type of cables.Would you elaborate it in details please post your ideas here.

Thanks.

Difference between Cat5e and Cat6 cable types

There are some common difference between category 5e and category 6 relates to the transmission capacity and extension of the depends on the bandwidth produced by the cables,The category 5e cable is able to generate 100 MHz where as category6 comes to 200 MHz.

This contains good insertion,The Near end crosstalk return loss, and same level far end crosstalk (ELFEXT). These feasibility deliver a higher signal-to-noise ratio, allowing higher accessibility performance for current applications and higher data rates for future applications.

The network cable can be generated if you have all the stuff and you need some concentrate on the points to structure the cable yourself.

I am going to show you some tricks and trip which can help you create the standard cables with your own level.If you understand the whole term to structure the cable then you need to follows some instruction and guidelines below :

1. To make the patch cables, 568-B wiring is by far, the most general technique.
    2. No any trouble and difference in the connectivity of 568B and 568A cables.
    3. To structuring the straight cable, both ends of the wire would be same.
    4. Don't get confuse between the pair numbers with pin numbers. The pair number is used for reference only where as pin numbers locates the exact physical locations on the plug.

Creating standard Cat5e and Cat6 cables

You can structure the cable with your self,you need some equipments regarding this :

• Cut the cable to with the appropriate length according to your requirement.
    • Skin the cable near about 1.5”down.
    • Just destroy entire twists in the cables pairs.
    • Cat 6 cable has a center spine which requires to be destroyed.
    • Place the wires in the order of the connectivity.
    • combine all the wires together, until they comes close to each other.
    • Cut the wires according to the level of the wires.
    • Insert the loadbar with the wires and should be done one at a time.
    • Make sure about the wiring level once more and cut it accrding to the same level for adjustment.
    • Now insert the connector with the appropriate matching of wires.

I don't think,the difference between cat 5e and cat 6 jacks. I am agree with Cellus that is a PITA, and it is very amazing thing that they became the standard.

To remove the confusion of snagging issue, you can take boots for the connectors.

There is one handy small thing which I got a handful of from the local Verizon guy is alignment tabs for keeping the connectors with on status. They're just small black plastic allocated with 8 holes for the wires.You have to make the adjustment with the wires in holes, trim to length, and then just stuff them into the connectors.