Thread: Mouse freezes during Kubuntu installation

Mouse freezes during Kubuntu installation

I am having the customized desktop computer system which currently has the Windows Vista operating system installed in it. Now i want to install the Kubuntu operating system on the other drive of the computer. But the problem which i am facing is that the Mouse freezes during Kubuntu installation on this desktop. After that i cannot do anything until the system is rebooted manually. So help me out in resolving this problem.

Re: Mouse freezes during Kubuntu installation

You have the customized desktop computer system which has the Windows Vista operating system and you are having problem in installing the Kubuntu operating system in this computer system. You are saying that the mouse freezes during the installation procedure and after that you have to reboot the system every time. Make sure that you are installing the Kubuntu on the different hard drive partition of the system.

Make sure the hard drive partition on which you are installing the Kubuntu operating system on your computer system is empty and it is formatted properly before installing the operating system. If not, then do it properly before starting with the installation of the Kubuntu operating system. After that start with the installation of the Kubuntu operating system.

I think first of all you should check the Kubuntu disc which you are using for installing the Kubuntu operating system in your desktop computer system. May be the disc is damaged and the it has many scratches on it because of which the mouse is getting freeze every time. It the system is not able to read the disc properly then this type of issue occurs. So make sure that you are using proper installation disc of the Kubuntu operating system.

If you are trying to install the 64 Bit version of the Kubuntu operating system and the desktops processor does not supports the 64Bit operating system then this problem can occur. So check for the 64 Bit operating system support of the processor of your desktop computer system. You can check it from the website of the Intel if the desktop has the Intel processor.

If the 64 bit operating system is does not supported by the desktop and its processor then i will recommend you to install the 32 Bit version of the Kubuntu operating system on the desktop. This will be installed properly without any freezing issue. For installing properly, insert the installation disc in the DVD Rom and boot the system from the DVD Rom as the first boot device. Follow and complete the installation procedure.