Thread: Hp Error : An error occurred while communicating with scanning device

Hp Error : An error occurred while communicating with scanning device

Hi,

I have an hp psc 1510 all in one series. The problem is that when I try to install the software, I get the error message, "Device Setup Failed to Complete". I get this error message when I try to plug the USB cable into the hp printer. How do I resolve this error ??? I have windows xp installed on my computer.

Re: Hp Error : An error occurred while communicating with scanning device

Confirm that the USB cable is connected with the product correctly. Check the back of your product and the back of your computer to make sure the USB cable is connected correctly and securely. USB ports on the keyboard and in front of some computers may not be powerful enough to support the product. If the USB cable plugs into the keyboard USB port, try connecting to another USB port on your computer.

Connect the USB cable to another port on your computer to make sure the computer's USB port is not the cause of the problem. Disconnect any other USB printers, USB scanners, USB cameras, and any USB peripherals connected. Try reconnecting one of these devices at a time to determine if a device is using too much power. Consider purchasing and installing a USB hub if necessary.

Delete temporary files and folders. To do this follow the steps below, to delete temporary files and folders. It is important that you complete this step to ensure that files are not reinstalled problem in the following steps.

1. Under the Windows taskbar, click Start, click Run, then type% temp% in the Open box.

2. Press Edit and then click Select All.

3. In File and Folder Tasks, press Delete to remove selected items.

If you still have the CD that comes with the HP product, you can insert the CD into the CD drive and follow the onscreen instructions to install the software. However, HP recommends downloading and installing the software to make sure you have the latest version. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete installation.

If you have another computer available, try installing the HP on that computer. If you do not have another computer, then need to try on friends pc. If the installation is successful on the other computer, install a powered USB hub into the first team. If installation still fails after installing a USB hub, please contact the computer manufacturer to address the problems with the first pc.