Thread: Problems with Kodak ESP9 printer

Problems with Kodak ESP9 printer

I have recently bought a Kodak ESP9 printer which is connected to my computer running on Windows XP operating system. I was able to use the printer to take print outs but from past few days the printer is not working properly. Whenever Print command is given the printer takes in the paper but gives out a blank printout. Also sometimes the computer does not recognizes the printer connected to it. Therefore if anybody else is facing similar Problems with Kodak ESP9 printer then please share some information.

Re: Problems with Kodak ESP9 printer

As the printer is not printing anything it is possible that the cartridge of the printer are empty. Whenever the cartridge of the printer becomes empty and if print command is given then the printer will not be able to print anything. Check if the cartridge of the printer are empty. To check if the cartridge of the printer is empty or not, start the printer and open the lid of the printer. Now the cartridge slot will be visible. Remove the cartridges from the slots. Now check if the level of ink in the cartridges are proper. If the cartridges are empty then you will have to replace the cartridge or will have to get the cartridges refilled. Once cartridges are refilled or replaced, then you will be able to take printouts using the printer.

All the devices which are connected to the computer require a set of drivers to be installed on the computer to work properly. Drivers acts as the mediator between the operating system and the device. If the appropriate set of drivers are not installed on the computer then the device will not work properly. To check if the drivers are installed and working on the computer, Right click on my computer and select Device manager. Highlight the installed printer and if there are any caution signs then follow the troubleshooting procedure. If troubleshooting does not help, then try updating the drivers for the printer and then see if the printer works properly.

The USB cord which is used to connect the printer to the computer may develop faults due to improper handling and storage. The USB cord consists of lines of conductors which are responsible for carrying data. These lines of conductors may get damage due to improper storage and handling. If connecting cord itself is faulty then the communication between the computer and the printer will not be proper and hence the user will face similar problems like the one which you are facing. Change the connecting cord and then check the performance of the printer. You can also try and change the port on which the printer is connected.

Thanks for replying to the post really fast. I followed your suggestions and replaced the printer drivers on my computer and after changing the drivers, I was able to use the printer again. But now the Kodak ESP9 does not scan. I tried to scan the documents but the scanner does not respond. How to solve this problem? Please help

Try resetting the printer and then see if all the functions are working properly or not. Sometimes the firmware of the printer gets stuck and hence does not responds to the command which is given to it. If such a situation occurs then we have to perform a manual reset on the printer. To perform a manual reset on the printer, Power on the printer. Now press the power and paper feed button together and keep it pressed till all the LED's on the printer glows. Once all the LED's on the printer glow, release the buttons and check if the printer is working properly.

Hello Everybody...I am new to the forum....I have a question. I own the Kodak ESP9 and every time, its seems, when I turn it on, it automatically prints a lost fax job sheet on a fax I did back in November 2009. It updates with the current date and time but I haven't tried faxing anything in a long time. Is there anyway to fix this? Thanks for your help in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma3227 View Post
    Hello Everybody...I am new to the forum....I have a question. I own the Kodak ESP9 and every time, its seems, when I turn it on, it automatically prints a lost fax job sheet on a fax I did back in November 2009. It updates with the current date and time but I haven't tried faxing anything in a long time. Is there anyway to fix this? Thanks for your help in advance.
    Since you are using it after a long time, it might be a case for the driver for it getting corrupted. Therefore you will have to reinstall it drivers in your computer again, by the way, if you are using the 64 bit version of OS then install the 64 bit driver for it or if you are using the 32 bit OS then install the 32 bit software for it.

Thanks everyone for you help. I will try the suggestions shortly and keep you updated!!

Hi enigma - did you ever find a solution to the lost print job problem? My printer is doing the same thing...