Thread: Vista does not recognize Western Digital My Book

Vista does not recognize Western Digital My Book

I had purchased a Western Digital My Book for external backup of my entire data. I am trying to connect this to my windows vista computer. But as when I am connecting it there is nothing showing on the screen. I had tried to reboot the system and change the ports of the same. But still there is no progress here. What can be problem, her and how to fix it.

Re: Vista does not recognize Western Digital My Book

The most general reason why a computer might not recognize an external hard drive or flash drive is for the reason that the external hard drive or flash drive is formatted incorrect, or requirements to updated drivers. An external hard drive or flash drive that is formatted imperfectly will sometimes not demonstrate up on a computer. The majority of the time, this is the difficulty. Windows computers make use of two most important formats they are FAT32 and NTFS. On the other hand, if you are using a Windows system, and the drive is formatted as OS X Journaled, it would not show up.

The two most important Windows formats are FAT32 and NTFS, can sometimes contain inappropriateness problems, for unknown reasons. So, if your external hard drive or flash drive is formatted as NTFS and not running, try formatting it to FAT32, or vice versa. This is a general problem surrounded by several of the mainstream external hard drives, such as the Western Digital My Book.

If your external hard drive came with particular software, probability is superior that it might be the software itself that is causing troubles connecting the drive and the system. The thing with external hard drive producer is, they presuppose that you desire to utilize your external hard drive for backup (when you might immediately desire to utilize it to accumulate files). So, they inform you to install the software previous to doing anything else, in the directions.

If you have set up the software so as to come by means of your external hard drive, and it is not being recognized, try updating the software. The majority of the time, there must be a “check for updates” alternative situated somewhere within the software alternative. If not, go to the producer website and look for updated drivers/software for your exacting device. Subsequent to you have the software updated, restart your system and try connecting the external hard drive once more.

Most of the time, the on top of information be supposed to attach your external hard drive and permit your computer to be familiar with it. On the other hand, it might be a difficulty with the hard drive itself. External hard drives are one of the majorities complained regarding computer accessories of all time. In fact, it is hard to locate several external hard drives with “great” ratings. Numerous people have complained regarding their external hard drives being DOA (dead on arrival).