Thread: Computer unable to boot from the seagate 160 SATA hard drive

Computer unable to boot from the seagate 160 SATA hard drive

I am having the desktop computer system which has the Seagate hard drive but the issue is that the computer unable to boot from the Seagate hard drive. The error message which i am getting is that error in loading operating system. I have tried to resolve this issue by myself but not succeeded. So , looking for the solution from you people.

Re: Computer unable to boot from the seagate 160 SATA hard drive

You are having the desktop computer system and this desktop computer system is not starting because the system is not able to boot from the hard drive. This system has the Seagate hard drive connected to it. When you are starting the system the error message which you are getting is, 'error loading the operating system. So i think the hard drive is not properly connected to the motherboard. So connect it properly first and after that again start the computer system.

Try to start the system in the safe mode and see that the system is starting or not. Sometimes, if there is issue with the operating system in normal mode then the system starts in the safe mode. So if the system is starting in the safe mode then this is the issue of the operating system or may be some other application because of which this issue is occurring.

If the desktop computer system is starting in the safe mode then i will recommend you to run the system restore wizard of the desktop. Restore the computer's settings to the date and time on which the desktop computer system was working properly. During the restoration of the system settings the computer will reboot and after that this issue will be resolved.

If the computer is not starting after reconnecting the seagate hard drive on the motherboard of the computer and also if the system is not starting in the safe mode then i think the sata cable of the seagate hard drive is not working. I will recommend you to check it with some other system. If not working then replace it with the new one.

First check that the hard drive is detected by the BIOS of the desktop computer or not. If detected and then you are getting the error message showing that error loading operating system. then i think there is some file of the OS is corrupted. You will have to repair the operating system. Insert the operating systems disc and repair the system. However you have not mentioned the operating system that you are using in your desktop computer system.

My system problem is similar to this. As I bought new seagate 320GB hard disk, but unfortunatly its not working. In BOIS the hard dist NOT DETECTED shows, while installing XP the system copy the installation files, but after 2-3 mins Its show 'error in loading operating system' in blue screen.
    I checked the connection to hard, which is ok.