Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: remove write protection from transcend pen drive

remove write protection from transcend pen drive

Hello friends,
    I have one 4gb transcend pen drive which was working fine until last 2 days. From last two days I unable to add or delete something from that pen drive. Whenever I tried to format that pen drive, it gives error message like "Pen drive is write protected". I want to remove write protection from that pen drive. Can anyone tell me how to remove write protection from transcend pen drive?
    Thanks in advanced.

Re: remove write protection from transcend pen drive(Solved solution))

Hey there is no need to worry about it. You can easily remove write protection from your pen drive using JetFlash Recovery Tool v1.0.12 software. This is very easy to use software. To remove write protection from your transcend pen drive you have to use following steps.
    1.First download JetFlash Recovery Tool v1.0.12 in your computer. To download this software click here JetFlash Recovery Tool.
    2.After downloading this software, just install it in your computer.
    3.Now connect your write protected transcend pen drive to your computer.
    4.Now run "JetFlash Recovery Tool " software and follow the instruction.
    5.After process complete, just unplug your pen drive and again connect to your computer.
    Now you will see that write protection has been removed from your pen drive.
    Last edited by T.J.; 10-03-2010 at 04:31 PM.

Re: remove write protection from transcend pen drive

Your pen drive is affected with some kind of deadly virus and that's why you are getting such type of problem. In this case you have to remove that virus from your pen drive to fix this problem. Just install good anti-virus in your computer and scan your pen drive. As per my information. Avg is the best anti-virus. If you want to download this anti-virus then click here.

From your information it seems that you have move small switch of your pen drive and that's why you are getting such type of problem. In this case you have to move that switch to other side to fix this problem. Just look out for small switch at the side of the pen drive. When you find that switch, just move it to another side. After that your write protection will be removed.

You have to use following steps to remove write protection from your pen drive.
    1.First go to official site of Transcend. To go to that site just click here.
    2.Now search for your product.
    3.After getting your product, you have to download the mFormat utility.
    4.To download the mFormat utility you have to enter serial no. of your product. Just enter it and download the software.
    5.Now connect your pen drive and using this software format your pen drive.

Have you tried to format your pen drive using Command prompt? If not, the try to format your pen drive using Command prompt. Most of the people face such type of problem and they are able to fix this problem by using this process. You can use following steps to fix this problem.
    first connect your pen drive -> now click on start button -> now go to run option -
    > now type "Format F(F means your pen drive name )" -> now your pen drive is automatically formatted.

Quote Originally Posted by T.J. View Post
    Hey there is no need to worry about it. You can easily remove write protection from your pen drive using JetFlash Recovery Tool v1.0.12 software. This is very easy to use software. To remove write protection from your transcend pen drive you have to use following steps.
    1.First download JetFlash Recovery Tool v1.0.12 in your computer. To download this software click here JetFlash Recovery Tool.
    2.After downloading this software, just install it in your computer.
    3.Now connect your write protected transcend pen drive to your computer.
    4.Now run "JetFlash Recovery Tool " software and follow the instruction.
    5.After process complete, just unplug your pen drive and again connect to your computer.
    Now you will see that write protection has been removed from your pen drive.
    i have followed your instruction for my transcend pendrive ... but after installing and running jet flash recovery tool it is showing " this program is not for your usb flask disk" now what to do ???? plz reply fast ....

Quote Originally Posted by harsh528 View Post
    i have followed your instruction for my transcend pendrive ... but after installing and running jet flash recovery tool it is showing " this program is not for your usb flask disk" now what to do ???? plz reply fast ....
    Can you check whether there is a lock button on the pen drive that you have, just try to locate it on the pen drive and you should disable it. Or else if there isnt that option just try to format it in windows using the inbuilt windows features by right clicking on it and chosing the option to format. That will surely remove the write protection.

i have tried formatting it from the windows .... bt it z not working ... is the jetflash recovery tool not compatible with windows 7 ??? does it work only in xp or vista ???? and which version of jetflash recovery tool should i download for windows 7 ??? plz rply fast ...

Hi harsh,

If you are using a Windows 7 operating system then have you tried to install the JetFlash Recovery Tool v1.0.12 in compatability mode? Or else make your write protected drive "shared", that means go to my computer---> then right click on flash drive---> click sharing & security---> check both "share this folder on network" & "allow users to change my files" ,apply setting then you'll be able to format your drive.

Same problem here ... I just format my JetFlash 500 pen drive with JFFormat tool by transcend .Allthough it formats the drive but write protection is still in play . Kindly help !!

Quote Originally Posted by harshlpu View Post
    Same problem here ... I just format my JetFlash 500 pen drive with JFFormat tool by transcend .Allthough it formats the drive but write protection is still in play . Kindly help !!
    Can you try editing the registry directly for removing the write protection from the pen drive. Select START and RUN to open the run dialog box. Type "regedit" (without quotes) into the dialog box that appears, and press enter. Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\StorageDevicePolicies. Change the value for the key "WriteProtect" to 0

none of the above work. al;l i keep getting is jetflash not found on pendrive.

and windows or command line wont format...

when i switch pendrive to pc .it shows an message that ''your hardware might not work properly" .........what can i do could u tell the problem.......

Quote Originally Posted by chida View Post
    when i switch pendrive to pc .it shows an message that ''your hardware might not work properly" .........what can i do could u tell the problem.......
    Well, the kind of error that you are getting is related to a hardware needing a driver to be installed on the pc. But since you are using a pen drive I think you simply need to connect the pen drive in some other usb port available in your pc and check if the error goes away. If still no joy then simply install the latest driver for the product by downloading it from the manufacturer's website.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast