Thread: Hard drive not detected by the BIOS of Compaq desktop

Hard drive not detected by the BIOS of Compaq desktop

I am having the Compaq desktop computer system and there is problem with this desktop computer system. This computer supports the SATA hard drive. I am trying to connect the new SATA hard drive to this system as the old one crashed. But the problem is that the Hard drive is not detected by the BIOS of Compaq desktop which i am having.

Re: Hard drive not detected by the BIOS of Compaq desktop

You are having the desktop computer system and facing the problem with the desktop. The desktop which you are having is the Compaq and the issue related to that is, new SATA hard drive connected to it is not detected by the BIOS of the system. I think the hard drive is not connected to the system properly. So try again by reconnecting it properly on the motherboard of your computer system.

If the new SATA hard drive is not detected by the BIOS after reconnecting it to the system also then i think there is issue with the SATA cable that you are using for connecting the hard drive on the motherboard of your computer system. I will advice you to try attaching this hard drive on the other system with the same SATA cable. After that the problem will be in front of you.

If this hard drive is not detected by the other computer system also then now it is clear that the SATA cable of this hard drive is not working properly. It is better to change the SATA cable that you are using for the connection purpose. Purchase the new SATA cable it will resolve the problem. After that the hard drive will be detected by the BIOS of your Compaq desktop system and you will be able to install the operating system on it.

If this hard drive is detected by the other desktop computer system by using the same SATA cable which you are using in your system then there may be issue with the port of the motherboard of your computer on which you are trying to connect this hard drive. If there are more ports available then try connecting it to them. May be this can solve the problem.

If this hard drive is not detected by the BIOS of you Compaq desktop by applying all the above suggested solutions then i think this is problem of the hard drive itself. It is better to replace this hard drive with the new one. As you have purchased the new hard drive you can replace it easily with the new SATA hard drive. This will resolve the problem.

smile Re: Hard drive not detected by the BIOS of Compaq desktop

hello,

first of all you check sata cable of your drive .this cable is working or not ?
    and change the power connector.then go to BIOS -- then Advance see there is your Hard drive detect or not ? if there is not detect your hard drive then you select there auto detect option.then see the hard drive detected .
    if your hard drive is good .

thanking you