Thread: Computer hangs during memory and hard drive testing

Computer hangs during memory and hard drive testing

I am having the desktop computer system and i am facing the problem with this computer system. The issue that i am facing is that this computers system gets hang at the time of memory and hard drive testing. It Does not starts after that. For starting the system i have to restart it many time. If its starts then it takes too much time to load the operating system. I need help in resolving this issue.

Re: Computer hangs during memory and hard drive testing

You are having the desktop computer system which has the issue of freezing and it gets hanged during the memory and the hard drive testing during the startup of the computer system. I think this may be because of the hard drive may be the hard drive of the desktop is not detected very frequently. So i will recommend you to reconnect the hard drive again properly in your desktop computer system. This might solve the issue.

I will recommend you to do the memory test to check out that the memory of the computer is responding properly or not , if it is responding properly then it is the Hard drive issue. For doing this disconnect the hard drive of the computer and do this. If RAM memory is the issue then replace the RAM. If hard drive is the issue then try it by connecting to other port on the motherboard of the computer system.

It is possible that the RAM memory of the system is properly working and this issue related to the motherboard. May be the port of the motherboard on which the hard drive is connected is not proper or may be the Cable of the hard drive which is used for connecting the HDD and motherboard is not working properly. So check out for these two possibilities.

I was also having the same kind of issue with my desktop computer system. So for resolving this issue i removed all the hardware connected on the motherboard of my computer system and also the CMOS battery of the motherboard. After that i reconnected all the hardwares and also the CMOS battery on the motherboard properly. And guess what, after this the system started working properly. So may be this can resolve your problem also.

If this issue has been started in the recent time and before that the system was working properly without any problem then i will recommend you to run the system restore wizard. This will restore the computer settings to the previous date on which the computer was working properly. This method works almost all the time to resolve the issue if the problem is not related to the hardware parts of the computer system.