Thread: There is no light on ADSL Router

There is no light on ADSL Router

Hi,
    I was out for some couple of days. When I came back I found that there is no light on my router. I had checked cable and power thing nothing found in that. What should I do here. My internet is not really working well. Does my router has gone. I had checkout after turning it on once and found that there is no light on it. But on the other end I can check the router in the Device Manager.

Re: There is no light on ADSL Router

The ADSL light which is on the router indicates that the router is either getting the broadband signal or not. If it is on then your internet is currently active and you just need to turn on your pc and start using the same. The other reason which can for the issue that your phone is not yet activated for the broadband support or there is misconfiguration of the router.

First this do one thing. Just ensure that your broadband is active from the ISP's side. You can call them for the same. Once confirmed then just go to backside of router you can see a telephone jack called as RJ11. See that it is properly connected. You can remove and re-insert that back again. Then in the same go to the other end of the telephone cable and check the connection. You can try a different cable for the same.

If you broad service is active from the other end then that means there is issue is router or the line connection. You can simply change the cable and check back. You can try to check the same on a different computer. Mainly issue lies with the RJ11 wire which gets damage due to static or cracked in between. I will advice you to remove everything and then connect back again.

Does your DLS filter is working properly. It is a white rectangle box which is act as a line between the telephone line and router. It gives out trouble many times. Just check that once and find back. May be it can be damaged or not functioning well. This had happen in my case, after replacing the filter the thing started working properly.

If you have every connection proper without any hardware issue then you can plan to re-install your router back again. Open Device manager and right click on your router. Then choose uninstall. After that reboot windows and then insert your router cd. Follow the screen instruction. Otherwise the same can be installed from Device Manager also. For that just open device manger and from the top menu choose scan for new hardware.