Thread: Unable to turn on HP Desktop

Unable to turn on HP Desktop

Hi friends i am using an HP pavilion p6000 whenever i turn the desktop on it only turns on the fan and sounds like it is turning on only the Fan and nothing else seems to be turned on. I do not know know what is gone wrong with my system. please help me so that i can get rid of this turning on problem.

Re: Unable to turn on HP Desktop

You have not mentioned whether you are getting the blue screen of death or it result in a black screen or some error can you tell me whether your system was infected by some virus or malicious program. I would like to get the information regarding this so that i can try to implement on this problem. Try to post it soon.

Thanks for showing your interest in solving my problem i do not get any sort of black screen or blue screen the monitor appears as it is not turned on as i have mentioned this in my earlier post that except the CPU fans all the things seems as they have stopped working. Hope you got the problem please help me at your earliest.

Firstly i would like to know whether or not you can hear the sound of the hard drive is it spinning or not. Some times when your hard disk gets corrupted or when it is not working or when it gets damaged the system shows such black screen which you have mentioned. Try to hear the hard disk sound and then post the result.

It appears as a hard disk issue try to check whether you can hear the hard disk is spinning and If it works then try to check whether your monitor is connected to the video card properly or not as far as i know these two are the main reason behind the problem which you are facing I hope that this will solve your problem.

Thanks for replying me friends the solutions which you all have given me does not seems to work for me. I checked the hard disk and it is working precisely also the monitor is connected i have checked it with another monitor but things does not seems to change. Any other ideas please help me to get my desktop working back again.

Some times such errors occur because of the RAM i think your mother board is installed with two RAM sticks. Try to check it and if possible remove one of them and restart your machine but remember to remove the secondary RAM only that is try to Remove the RAM stick from the Slot which is assigned the name similar to DDR 2 only.