Thread: Windows XP not showing LG GH22NP20 DVD Writer

Windows XP not showing LG GH22NP20 DVD Writer

I am having the computer system which has the Windows XP operating system.I am having the LG GH22NP20 DVD Writer installed in this desktop computer system. The problem which i am facing is that the Windows XP is not showing the LG GH22NP20 DVD Writer installed in on the system. Because of which i am not able to view movies and burn discs. So i need help from you people for solving this problem.

Re: Windows XP not showing LG GH22NP20 DVD Writer

You are having the desktop which has the Windows XP operating system. You have installed the LG GH22NP20 DVD Writer in this computer system. The problem which you are facing with this desktop is that the Windows XP is not showing up the LG GH22NP20 DVD Writer. So first of all make sure that the LG DVD writer is connected properly on motherboard of your desktop.

You are not able to see the LG GH22NP20 DVD Writer connected to your system in the my computer and in device manager where all the hardware connected to the computer is shown by the operating system then first of all you should check that GH22NP20 DVD Writer is detected in the BIOS settings of your desktop or not. If the BIOS is not detected then it is the LG GH22NP20 DVD Writer issue and if it is detected then it is the Windows XP OS problem.

If this LG GH22NP20 DVD Writer is detected in BIOS of the desktop system and not shown by the Windows XP operating system in the My Computer then i will recommend you to do the system restore of the Windows XP operating system of your desktop when the computer was detecting this LG GH22NP20 DVD Writer. This will solve the problem of the LG GH22NP20 DVD Writer with the Windows XP operating system.

If this LG GH22NP20 DVD Writer is not detected in BIOS setting of desktop which has the Windows XP operating system then i think there is problem with power supply or the SATA cable which you are using for connecting the LG GH22NP20 DVD Writer with the motherboard in computer system. I will advice you to change the power and SATA cable of the computer for connecting the LG GH22NP20 DVD Writer.

I will advise you to try to connect the LG GH22NP20 DVD Writer with some other windows XP desktop for checking it is detected and working in other Windows XP operating system desktops or not. If this LG GH22NP20 DVD Writer is working in other windows XP desktop then i think there is problem in the motherboard of your computer and if this LG GH22NP20 DVD Writer is detected by the other computer then this LG GH22NP20 DVD Writer is not working, there may be some hardware damage. So change this LG DVD Writer drive and attach the new one to your desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by Killen View Post
    If this LG GH22NP20 DVD Writer is detected in BIOS of the desktop system and not shown by the Windows XP operating system in the My Computer then i will recommend you to do the system restore of the Windows XP operating system of your desktop when the computer was detecting this LG GH22NP20 DVD Writer. This will solve the problem of the LG GH22NP20 DVD Writer with the Windows XP operating system.
    hi my pc not show LG GH22NP20 DVD Writer in my computer so ple tell me what can i do ple mail me santy_k2003@yahoo.co.in/ { my mobile no9850178005 }

There might be some problem with the connectivity of that and you should check for that and also check for the driver update of it. Other than this, you can also see this thread. They have also discussed about the same thing. I wish that you will get some idea from there also to solve the issue. Please reply if that doesn’t help you. Thank you.