Thread: Audio problem of Compaq CQ3170IX Desktop

Audio problem of Compaq CQ3170IX Desktop

I am having the Compaq CQ3170IX Desktop computer and i am having the Audio problem with Compaq CQ3170IX Desktop computer system from last few days. For solving this problem ,I checked all the settings of the speakers on the desktop system but there is not the problem of the setting. I am not getting audio output at all from the speakers connected to the desktop. I have the 5.1 speakers connected to this system.

Re: Audio problem of Compaq CQ3170IX Desktop

You are having the Compaq CQ3170IX Desktop and facing the Audio output issue with this desktop computer system. There are many possible errors for getting the sound output problem with the computer system. You have already checked the connection of the speakers with the desktop which is one of the common issue for getting this problem but still i will suggest you to check it out because you are having 5.1 speakers connected with the system.

I think if all the settings for the 5.1 speakers of your Compaq CQ3170IX Desktop is proper and there is no problem in that then this is the issue of the driver software for the sound device of your computer system. So installing the driver software for the sound device of the Compaq CQ3170IX Desktop according to the operating system that you are having in your desktop computer system. This will resolve the Audio problem of your desktop computer.

If the settings and the driver software installed in the Compaq CQ3170IX Desktop is compatible and proper then you should check the sound card of your desktop system because there may be chances that this sound card is not properly fitted on the motherboard of the computer system. So first remove the sound card and again insert it on the motherboard of your Compaq CQ3170IX Desktop.

If after reinstalling the sound card on the motherboard and the proper driver software for this device according to the operating system in your Compaq CQ3170IX Desktop you are not getting the output from the speakers connected to the desktop then i think there is possibilities the sound card of your computer system is disabled. So you will have to enabled it from the device manager of your Compaq desktop.

If you are having the sound card of the Realtek then may be you will be having the software called as the Realtek HD audio manager in your system. If you are not getting it in the software installed list then go to the Control Panel there you will find it. Check this software because there can be some setting problem of the 5.1 speakers connected to your Compaq CQ3170IX Desktop.