Thread: LG GH22NS50 DVD drive not detected by Windows Vista

LG GH22NS50 DVD drive not detected by Windows Vista

I am having the problem with my desktop which has the Windows Vista operating system.I am having the LG GH22NS50 DVD drive installed in this desktop computer system. The problem which i am facing is that this LG GH22NS50 DVD drive not detected by Windows Vista operating system installed in my computer. So i want help from you people in resolving this problem.

Re: LG GH22NS50 DVD drive not detected by Windows Vista

You are having the computer system which has the Windows Vista operating system installed in it. This desktop has the LG GH22NS50 DVD drive attached to it. The problem which you are facing is that this LG GH22NS50 DVD drive is not detected by the Windows Vista operating system of your desktop. So first of all make sure that the Rom is connected properly to the motherboard of your computer system. I will advice you to reconnect it on the motherboard.

You are not able to see the LG DVD drive connected to your system in the my computer as well as in the device manager of your computer where all the connected devices can be seen like printer , hard drives , card reader DVD Rom etc. I think first of all you should check that the LG GH22NS50 DVD drive is detected in the BIOS of your computer system or not. If it is not detected then it is the LG DVD drive issue and if it is detected then it is the operating system issue.

If this LG GH22NS50 DVD drive is detected by the BIOS of your desktop computer system and not shown by the Windows Vista operating system in the My Computer then i think you should try for the system restore of the Windows Vista operating system of your desktop when the system was working properly and detecting this LG GH22NS50 DVD drive. This will solve the problem of the DVD drive with the Windows Vista operating system.

If this LG GH22NS50 DVD drive is not detected by the BIOS setting of your desktop which has the Windows Vista operating system then i think there is problem with either the power supply cable or with the SATA cable used for connecting the LG DVD drive with the motherboard of the computer system. I will advice you to change the power and the SATA cable of this LG GH22NS50 DVD drive.

According to me you should try to connect this LG GH22NS50 DVD drive with some other windows Vista desktop for checking that it is working or not. If this LG DVD drive is working in other windows Vista desktop then i think there is problem in the motherboard of your computer system and if not detected by the other system also then this LG GH22NS50 DVD drive is damaged and it is not working. Its time to change the DVD Drive of your desktop computer system.