Thread: SD Card support for TomTom GPS device

SD Card support for TomTom GPS device

Hi,
    How to find out that which model of TomTom device has a SD card support. Does all the models of TomTom device supports SD cards. I want this for getting some maps from my friend and adding the same on my device. I also need some features and steps to use MapShare in TomTom. How to enable that and get free maps from this. Thanks in advance.

Re: SD Card support for TomTom GPS device

TomTom GPS function with internal memory to the device. This memory is more or less depending on the model of TomTom. If this memory is not sufficient, it is possible to use an external memory card type SD TomTom certain models. In some models you can see a slot for SD card. If you cannot see then there is no way of adding up a SD card on your device.

If your model TomTom can receive external SD memory card, you can then use these cards to replace the internal memory of your device. When you insert an SD card into your TomTom, it disables the internal memory of TomTom and it then works on the external memory. You can buy several SD cards and install your cards, IP routes or voice according to your desires by using of course TomTom HOME. You can switch from one card to another.

However, before buying an SD card, it must pay attention to the compatibility of a particular model of SD card with your TomTom device. The home extension menu of TomTom you to install / uninstall some software extensions. It act as a status indicator and it installs automatically when you join the community Map Share. One thing you have to note down that Map Share is not supported by all versions of the application TomTom HOME. Make sure you always have the latest version of the application on your device.

Map Share allows you to share the corrections you make on your cards with other users Map Share and benefit from corrections made by them. To receive the corrections made by others, must join the community Map Share. To do this, go to Tools and then look for TomTom MapShare. Now you can go on How to get MapShare and then click Join Map Share. All this is free and only join the community to receive free adjustments cards.

When you are part of the community Map Share, the latest adjustments card are automatically downloaded and installed on your device using TomTom HOME and your possible corrections are sent to the community. In fact, when you launch the menu Update My X, all compensations Map Share will be automatically downloaded and installed on your TomTom device. All this is automatic in TomTom HOME.

Many computer service consulting companies, but not all of them, offer their customers with professional training services which can be used to train the company’s own employees to perform specific tasks, in order to improve that company’s service quality and response, i.e., when employing computer service consulting companies either part time, or off base.