Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

iSight camera is not Working with iMovie

Hardware Peripherals

Old 19-02-2010

iSight camera is not Working with iMovie

Hello,

I have a Macbook pro and I had installed OS X 10.5.6 update through DMG file. After that I cannot use my iSight camera with iMovie. iSight camera is not Working with iMovie but it works with PhotoBooth fine??? I'm using iMovie 8 with a iSight camera. Can you tell me the problem with my camera ???

Old 19-02-2010

Re: iSight camera is not Working with iMovie

If your camera is an iSight or a webcam connected to computer USB port, you will have to open the Apple System Profiler to check if your camera appears in the USB section. If your camera is an external iSight then you can connect to your computer's FireWire port, see whether the camera exits in the FireWire section of Apple System Profiler.
Old 19-02-2010

Make sure no other applications such as iChat, is using the same camera. Try out other applications that may be establishing communication with the camera. If you selected the option of Fast User Switching, make sure nobody else is logged on and are using iChat, iMovie or any other application that makes use of the camera.
Old 19-02-2010

If you use a USB or FireWire webcam other than Apple, check with the manufacturer of the camera if you need to install drivers for that iMovie recognizes the camera. If so, make sure the units are updated or If you have other devices in addition to the iSight camera connected (like a DV camera or other webcam), try disconnecting the other devices.
Old 19-02-2010

If the camera is connected externally, try unplugging the camera and plugging the computer. If you are connected through a hub, try connecting the camera directly to your computer. If you still cannot see the camera in Apple System Profiler, try restarting the connection. Check the documentation included with the camera to see if you can connect to your computer using a FireWire or USB.
Old 19-02-2010

If you are unable to establish communication between the iSight camera and iMovie , try the following troubleshooting tips:

* Make sure the cable from your iSight is properly connected to the FireWire port (not USB) of your computer.
* Make sure the lens is open.
* Disable all other applications that use iSight (such as iChat AV).
* Choose Apple menu> About
* If no microphone is detected and the error messages do not seem to fit your situation, disconnect and reconnect iSight. Also check your audio input settings (open System Preferences, click Sound, then Enter).
* Restart your computer and try again.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , , ,