Thread: DVD Drive not recognized by gateway desktop

DVD Drive not recognized by gateway desktop

I am having the Gateway desktop which i have purchased only two months before and it has started creating problems from now only. This desktop has the Windows 7 operating system installed in it. The problem which i am facing is that the DVD drive is not detected by Gateway desktop which i am having. provide me the solution as early as possible because i have some important works pending from more than one months.

Re: DVD Drive not recognized by gateway desktop

You are having the Gateway desktop at your place which you have purchased two months back. The issue that you are facing with this gateway desktop is that this computer is not able to detect the DVD drive connected to it. This desktop has come preloaded with the Windows 7 operating system. I think first you should make sure that the dvd rom is connected to the motherboard of the computer properly or not.

So the gateway desktop which has the Windows 7 operating system is not detecting the DVD drive connected to it. You are not able to see it in the My Computer. So check it in the device manager of your computer system. If you are able to see the DVD drive there also then reconnect the DVD drive again on the motherboard of the computer system. This will resolve the problem which you are facing with the Gateway desktop.

The DVD drive of your Gateway desktop is not recognized by the Windows 7 operating system from last one months. Before that the DVD drive was detected and it was working properly in the Windows 7 operating system. I think the system restore can solve this issue of the gateway desktop. Restoring the system on the previous date and time will resolve this issue.

If the system restore of the gateway desktop is not able to solve the problem then i think you have i think you should check this DVD drive with some other computer system for making sure that the DVD drive is working properly or not. If working in other computer then this can be issue of the sata cable which is used for the connecting the DVD drive with the motherboard. So change the sata cable of the DVD drive.

I think the reinstallation of the operating system can resolve this issue of the DVD drive of your Gateway desktop computer system. May be this is the problem of the operating system. So by reinstalling the Windows 7 operating system or may be some other operating system this problem will be resolved. This is the last thing that you can try to resolve the problem.

Windows7Guy Guest

Hello Tristen,

Please try another DVD or CDR drive if you have available to isolate the problem.

If you need to re-install - try the USB Flash drive option:

USB download tool:
    http://store.microsoft.com/Help/ISO-Tool

Thanks,
    John M
    Microsoft Windows Client Team