Thread: Unable to detect virus on pen drive

Unable to detect virus on pen drive

Hi friends,
    I have a virus problem on my "kingston pen drive", whenever i store some of data that is related to my projects on my pen drive, the data seems to be invisible on the pendrive. Whenever i store some data form one computer and try to retrieve the stored data on other computer i cannot find my data on the pendrive. I don't know what is going on. I try to scan the pendrive with Avast antivirus but the result doesn't show the virus. IF i check the properties of the pendrive, it shows that the space has been used by the files containing it. Please help me guys.

Re: Unable to detect virus on pen drive

I would suggest you to format the pendrive completely in a pc which does not have viruses. And then try to use the pen driver to import and export datas.

Thanks
    Hope this works

I would suggest that you if you want to prevent your computer from pendrive then you need to first disable the autorun feature from the pendrive and after that when you insert your pendrive in the computer don't open your drive of the pendrive by double clicking it, just do the right click on the drive and then click on explore. By doing this, it will prevent your computer from infection by the pendrive virus. I hope this can help you out to solve your problem.

I think you should try to update your avast antivirus, as you said that the antivirus is not able to find the virus on the pendrive. Just update it and after that scan the pendrive with the updated antivirus and see if it finds the virus, if it doesn't then there is the only one option left for you, try to contact your pendrives manufacturer and tell them the problem with your pendrive. They should try to solve your problem by their technique.

You can avoid your computer from the pendrive infection by the following method.
    You to disable the autorun option on the pen drive as given below:

First open to Start and then go Run and type “gpedit.msc” and hit enter, it will open Group policy editor.
    After that browse to Administrative templates and then to System, do double click on Turn off Autoplay and click on Enabled and Under Settings, Select All Drives in the drop down and click on OK button.
    Scan your pen drive by the updated antivirus and remove all the viruses.

I think i have a solution to deal with pendrive virus. Most of the antivirus they do not detect virus on the pendrive in that case you need have an antivirus which specially made for the pendrives viruses. I am using one antivirus which doesn't need any updation, but there is a need of ".net framework 2.0" which has to be installed on your computer before you install this antivirus, you can download it for free just search on the google, the name of the antivirus is "DiskantiSecurity", just download it and install it on your computer.

When you insert the USB drive then continuously press ESC to avoid program which starts automatically.

Do the double click on my computer to find the name of the drive which is your pen drive's name.

After that close My Computer and Go to Start and to Run and type cmd and press Enter.

You can change drive to your Pen Drive

f:\ press enter
    attrib press enter (you can check for files like autorun.inf, any file with .exe suspicious)

attrib -s -r -h -a press enter (It will remove all the kinds of restrictions of files)

del autorun.inf press enter
    del “New Folder.exe” (del allows you to delete all files that looks suspicious)

amalroy Guest

Thats a good idea Simond. But there are a few software that can help in Protecting the pendrive/ flashdrives from virus infection. Softwares like panda vaccine has better security measures.