Thread: Problems while installation of HP Deskjet F4210

Problems while installation of HP Deskjet F4210

Hello there, I have recently purchased HP Deskjet F4210 all in one printer recently and I facing some problems while installing the printer on my computer. The computer is installed Windows XP operating system. The problem is whenever I try to connect the printer to the computer, it does not get detected. I cant figure out what is causing the problem therefore if anybody else is facing similar Problems while installation of HP deskjet f4210 printer then please share some information about the same.

Re: Problems while installation of HP Deskjet F4210

As the printer is not getting detected when it is connected to the computer it is possible that the USB cable which you are using to connect the printer to computer is faulty. USB cables have lines of conductor which develop fault due to improper storage and handling. Therefore try and change USB cord which is connecting the printer to the computer. See if the printer gets detected after changing the USB cable.

All the devices which are connected to the computer require a set of software's to be installed on the computer so that the device works without any problems on the computer. This set of software is known as the drivers. If the appropriate drivers for the device are not installed then the device will not work properly. Therefore check if the drivers for the USB are installed and working properly on the system. Go to device manager and then highlight the USB controllers. If there are any caution signs then follow the troubleshooting procedure. Check if the printer gets detected after the troubleshooting procedure. If the troubleshooting does not help. then try and update the drivers for the USB.

Thanks for replying to the post so fast. I followed your suggestions and did the following troubleshooting steps. I replaced the USB connecting cable of the printer and also updated the USB drivers on the computer but even after doing all the steps still the printer is not getting detected. So if there are any more troubleshooting steps then please suggest them.

Try changing the USB port on which the printer is connected. It is possible that the USB port on the motherboard to which the printer is connected is faulty and hence your printer is not getting detected. Connect the printer to some other USB port of the motherboard and see if the printer gets detected. Meanwhile check the USB port by connecting some other device to it. If the other device gets detected on the USB port then the USB port is not faulty and there is some problem with the printer which you are using.

I think the printer needs to be reset to make it detectable on the computer. Sometime the printer gets stuck when it is being switched on. If such a situation occurs then the printer needs to be resetted. To reset the printer, press the paper feed and the ink button together while pressing the power button. Keep the buttons pressed till all the LED's on the printer flash once and then become solid. Once all the LED's on the printer flash, release all the buttons and then power on the printer again. Now connect the printer to the computer and then see if the printer gets detected and installed.

I did the hardware reset procedure mentioned by you and it worked. Once all the LED's on the printer flashed and when I turned the printer back on again, it got detected by the computer. All the drivers and required software were automatically installed by the operating system and now the printer works just fine. Thanks for all the help provided.