Thread: iSight camera doesn't work MacBook Pro

iSight camera doesn't work MacBook Pro

Hi,

I have a MacBook Pro 17" screen. All of a sudden my iSight camera, has stop working, when I turn on the camera I get a Black screen. Yesterday it was working fine. The green LED to the right of the camera does light after clicking video chat on my messenger. What may be the problem? Why iSight camera doesn't work MacBook Pro ?

Re: iSight camera doesn't work MacBook Pro

See if the problem is specific to an application. Try another application to see if the iSight camera is experiencing the same problem in all applications. If this problem only occurs in one application, try reinstalling that application. See if the problem is specific to the user. Test your iSight camera using different user account. If the problem only occurs with one user, the problem is isolated to user settings.

Determine if there is an incompatibility with another FireWire device. If more than one FireWire device connected to your computer, there may be an incompatibility between two devices. To exclude this possibility, disconnect all other FireWire devices from the computer, including external hard drives, CD / DVD, cameras and other equipment FireWire-based networking, such as hubs and repeaters. If your iSight camera works normally when you remove other FireWire devices, plug them back one by one to determine which one is causing the problem.

The iSight camera information should appear in the data field FireWire. If you see the iSight camera in this field, the cable is in good condition. Once you've verified that the cable you are using is good, use it to plug your iSight on your computer. If the green light on top of the camera does not switch immediately (within one second), there may be a problem with the camera. Fill out an ISight Service Request to repair the camera.

Find out if the computer recognizes iSight. Check System Profiler (in the Utilities folder within the Applications folder). Under the USB header, check the iSight camera is detected. Reset the SMC or PMU computer and then click System Profiler again. (SMC reset instructions for iMac G5 (iSight), Intel-based iMacs, PMU reset instructions for MacBook and MacBook Pro.)