Thread: SCSI Drive not detected on iMac

SCSI Drive not detected on iMac

Hi,

I have a iMac desktop with os x 10.5.6. My problem is that I have connected Fujitsu Enterprise 300 GB Hard Drive to my macintosh pc but it not recognized by my mac. Can you tell me, why SCSI Drive is not detected on mac pc?

re: SCSI Drive not detected on iMac

If you have a problem starting the Macintosh computer from the hard drive should boot from the disk utilities. That way you can repair any problems on your hard drive (which is impossible when it comes to the boot drive). Insert the disk in the floppy drive and turn on the Macintosh. Utilities disk icon appears in the upper right corner, and under him the hard disk icon.

re: SCSI Drive not detected on iMac

Apple HD SC Setup is a disk formatting utility for Apple's hard drives. If you have a third-party hard disk installed on the Macintosh, a message informing you that the selection of the unit has failed to start Apple HD SC Setup. In this case, use the formatting utility of third-party disk that came with the unit or contact the vendor of the unit. To use Apple HD SC Setup on an Apple hard disk, launch the utility and click the Update button to reinstall the drivers from the hard drive. You can also use the Test button to check the hard disk and Initialize for reformatting.

Re: SCSI Drive not detected on iMac

SCSI chain should be terminated at the beginning and at the end. The internal hard disk (if any) is considered the beginning of the chain and has terminating resistors. Whatever the ultimate device in the chain must also be terminated. Check the manuals that came with the devices to discover if they are internally terminated. Otherwise, the last device requires an external terminator. Devices that are in the middle of the chain should not be terminated. Again, consult the manuals or contact the vendor.

It should have Unique SCSI ID - Each device on the SCSI chain must have a unique identification number between 0 and 7. 0 is generally used for internal hard drives and 7 are reserved for the Macintosh. If your computer has a CD-ROM built, it is usually assigned the number 3. Thus, the numbers 1,2,4,5 and 6, available for allocation to external devices. Check the manuals for each of the devices to discover the procedure to be followed to assign ID numbers.

You should turn on external SCSI devices, one by one, before starting up the computer. When shutting down, turn off your Macintosh. If desired, once the computer has powered down (the screen is dark or you receive a dialog box indicating that you can turn off the system), you can turn off the devices. Do not connect or disconnect SCSI cables never when any device is switched on. Do not start the computer with a SCSI device off, unless the manufacturer specifically says in the manual that can be carried out this operation.

If you have SCSI devices connected to your Macintosh, make sure you followed the instructions of the supplier to install the device. Use high quality SCSI cables - Use good quality cables, the shorter the better (about 90 cm or less). When chaining more than one external SCSI device, try using the same brand of cable.