Thread: Unable to install Lexmark Z515 printer

Unable to install Lexmark Z515 printer

I purchased a Lexmark Z515, I would therefore like to use. I plugged into my ibook, and "Printer List" I "no printer is available. Want to add to your list of printer?" I click ok, the window "add printer" appears. My printer appears, flanked by a question mark icon and the message "Driver not installed". The thing looking for new managers, to make me the message "New managers have been detected. Would you reload the browser?

I don't know what that means, and click OK. I am back in the printer list (empty). If I repeat the operation and this time click on "cancel", I rest on add a printer, can not add it because the manager is "not installed ".

Thank you for any assistance.

Re: Unable to install Lexmark Z515 printer

Hello,

It seems that Lexmark Z51 are prized not supported by Mac OS X. I advise you to test Gimp print But this did not secure because it will be able to drive Series Z42 Z43 Z52 Z53. So always try, you never know.

And now that the driver is installed, you still can not print? Have you tried? You do not see your printer? Maybe you can add reiterated the printer in the list now that you have installed a new driver is not?

Hello, I just bought a Lexmark Z515.

I tried to install it. It appears in the Tool Settings> Add> Select the printer.
    But then, I can not find it appropriate PPD. I tried putting him in the PPD of the Z52 or Z53 that my machine, but it does nothing. He accepts the printer, when I launch a print, it starts the task, opened the window of the Z51, we see the addition to the print queue, then disappear and nothing happens the printer does not respond.

I tried to go to the lexmark site or apple, but found nothing conclusive. Google either, as the windows.

Should I try GIMP PRINT?

I tested GIMP PRINT (now GutterPrint since). The result is not better worshipers.

sheet is drawn into the printer, but nothing is printed, I even felt that the cartridges and print heads are not moving.

I also tried installing the Lexmark Printer Drivers.pkg present on the DVD to install Tiger, without success: the Z51 does not appear either. and for this pkg is, there is even no uninstaller. damn!

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"