Thread: Why cant I cancel printing in Hp 2600 printer?

Why cant I cancel printing in Hp 2600 printer?

I have an HP 2600 printer which is connected to the computer which is running on Windows XP. Few days back I wanted to print a document from the computer and hence gave a print command but later realized that the printer was off. Now the document is in the printers queue but it wont print and also I cannot cancel the print job. Therefore I want to know Why cant I cancel printing in Hp 2600 printer? Is this some hardware problem or a software problem? Please help.

Re: Why cant I cancel printing in Hp 2600 printer?

Many of the problems which are related to the printer are caused due to driver conflict. All the devices which are connected to the computer need a set of software's need to be installed on the computer to be able to work properly. If the appropriate drivers are not installed on the computer then the device will not work properly. To check if the drivers are installed and are working on the computer, go to device manager and highlight the installed printer. Now see if there are any caution signs. If there are any caution signs then follow the troubleshooting procedure. If troubleshooting does not help then try updating the drivers.

It is possible that the application which you are using for printing the document is corrupt and hence you are not able to print the document. All the applications have many files associated to it. If any of the files which is associated to the application gets corrupt then the application will not work properly. The only way to solve the problem is to replace all the corrupted files of the application or to reinstall the application completely. Before reinstalling the application, remove the application and all the files which are related to it from the computer.

Try resetting the printer and then see if the printers queue can be cleared or not. It happens that sometime the printer gets stuck and is unable to process the print command which is given to it. If such a situation arises then the only way to solve the problem is to reset the printer. To reset the printer, Press the ink and paper feed button together while starting the Printer. Keep the buttons pressed till all the LED's on the printer. Once all the LED's on the printer glows, release the button and then see if the printer is able to print the document or not.

According to me the problem is with the operating system which you are using. There is high possibility that the operating system which you are using has got corrupt and hence it is not allowing you to clear the printer queue. If you have the installation disk of the operating system which you are using then insert in the drive and boot the system from the disk. Once booted from the disk, installer will load and will give several installation options. Select to repair the windows installation or to install the fresh copy of operating system. Before starting the installation process, take the back-up of all the data which is important.

The printer spooler services on the computer must have got stuck due to which you are not able cancel the printing. To solve this problem you will have to restart the printer spooler services on the computer. To restart the printer spooler services on the computer, Right click on the My computer and select Manage. Now from the list populated, select the Services and applications menu. Click on Services and then select Printer spooler key. To disable the printer spooler service, click on Stop. Wait for few minutes and then enable the printer spooler service by clicking on Start. Now save and reboot the computer.