Thread: Printer not work with multiple users within Windows XP

Printer not work with multiple users within Windows XP

hi friend
    i am MCA student actually i am most of time work with my group in collage library. We have installed in our system with windows xp operating system,but actually from some days i got some problem like when we use printer for the hard copy that time printer is not work with multiple user so anyone tell is there any solution or how do i solve that type of problem.

Re: Printer not work with multiple users within Windows XP

Basically printer is a device which also called it as peripheral device which produce the hard copy of the document which is stored in electronic form. Many printer peripheral which are connected to computer with printer cable as well as USB cable to a computer which serves as a document source,as well as some printer have network interface for the any user of computer. Printer is supported to the windows xp operating system but whenever you use multiple user at a time within that same operating system that printer are not supported to that but when each user set up the profile to use that printer then multiple users to print in Microsoft windows xp.

When you use printer as a default printer that time open control panel in my computer after that open the printer and faxes after that if you see the category view that time click the printer and hardware and then click to view install printer but if you see the classic view that time double click to printer and faxes icon ,then in windows of Printers and Faxes ,click the printer that you want to have set as the default printer. Finally you can set as a default printer. So each user has to log on to ensure that the specific printer has been set to default.
    Last edited by Maxforu; 14-02-2010 at 04:24 AM.

Normal printer connected to computer via cable connection same as when you use some other wireless connection that time like laptop or any type of device that time virtual type of computer or printer whose software interface that have not connected to any physical type of computer peripheral. Same as if there are so many user who used the same printer for sharing some electronic file in data that time each and every user must have a user profile set up for the use the computer. Make sure that each user has to log on to specific printer has set up on to default list.

For the making printer as default mode that time you can use control panel and arrange to the default mode same as when you want to test the system as default mode that you can open the control the panel then if there are view as category the click printer and click View installed printers or fax printers. But if you see classic view then double-click the Printers and Faxes icon. The click the default printer ,then click properties after that In the Properties dialog box,click the General tab, and then click Print Test Page. A Windows XP test page should print.