Thread: Connecting a dual monitor on ati

Connecting a dual monitor on ati

What are the dual monitors capability of ati card. I need some overview of it. I have some couple of computer which need to connect to each other. I one of them I am using ati graphic card. I want to connect multi monitor to it. But I am not able to figure out the what will the display out and will it work with all types of monitor.

Re: Connecting a dual monitor on ati

If you occur to not have the two necessary connectors on your present GPU explanation and would like to have multi-monitor ability, visit your favorite PC store and you can purchase an suitable ATI Radeon recognized graphic card. Three different methods exist for users of multiple monitors. Most users pick their preferred methods and stick to it. However it is simple to modify between the different modes and the next section will explain how to do so.

Clone (Presentation) methods. This is the measured the most easy methods, and actually does not take benefit of the competence gains that using two monitors can present. The explanation is because in this methods the same image is easily being shown on both displays. Both monitors will run at the similar declaration and refresh rate. This cloned image is helpful for appearances where one display is in front of you and the other display is in front of the spectators.

Horizontal Stretch methods. The Windows desktop is extended between two monitors. It is extravagance as one large desktop and as such the declaration can be thought of as the horizontal sum of the two entity or individual monitors. You can use it as 1 is working at 1024 X 768, second is working at 1024 X 768 and the desktop area is thus now working at 2048 X 768.

ATI Graphical Processing Units (GPU’s) basically have the ability of sustaining and maintaining additional than one monitor or display at the similar time. Before you describe how to take benefit of this superior characteristic, you be supposed to describe the preconditions for working a multi-monitor configuration. Monitors are plugged into GPU’s in more than one way.

To conclude if your GPU sustain or maintain additional than one display is moderately easy. Basically look at the back of your GPU (or the back of your PC if the GPU is previously installed) and you have to make sure that you have as a minimum two connectors (can be either one DVI and one VGA, two VGA’s or two DVI’s). There are even supplementary connector types frequently associated with connecting TV’s to a GPU such as S-Video, element output, and HDMI.