Thread: Magsafe power adapter not charging MacBook Pro

Magsafe power adapter not charging MacBook Pro

Hi,

I have a MacBook Pro with mac ox x 10.5.6. Recevtly I have pruchased Magsafe adapter. My problem is that my power adapter won't charge the computer. Sometimes the warning icon in my menu shows that I am running out of battery. You plug a wiggle and change the icon of power. Can you tell my magsafe power adapter not charging my MacBook Pro ? I tried just dusting and cleaning the ends But that does not seem to help ...

Re: Magsafe power adapter not charging MacBook Pro

Sometimes when you plug the adapter into the wall, you can see a spark. This is not unusual, and may occur when you plug any electrical appliance into an outlet that works. If the spark occurs in a place other than the pins on the plug, if you notice that the adapter is damaged or discolored, you need to contact apple customer care.

Make sure the outlet you are using is working properly. Plug in a device that will record that works well, like a lamp, a television or a watch, and confirms that lights up correctly. Select the power adapter appropriate for your Apple laptop. You can use a power adapter for more power, but no less powerful one, because you might be problems with computer operation.

Unplug the power adapter from the wall outlet, wait 60 seconds and plug it again. If the adapter works after this pause for 60 seconds, chances are you have noise problems at the line of the outlet. You'll have to reset the adapter periodically repeating that pause. This problem occurs when the overload protection function detects AC adapter ground noise, which makes it off the adapter.

Some possible sources are washing machine, refrigerators are using the same electrical circuit as your computer. You could avoid this if you plug the power adapter to an uninterrupted power supply (UPS) or a different circuit. Unless the adapter continues to function properly, try changing the outlet that works well. It is possible that the adapter is hot while in use. Always connect the power adapter directly into a wall outlet or place it on the floor in a well ventilated area. If you use your MagSafe adapter in a poorly ventilated area, or if you cover it with a blanket or other insulation, the adapter may shut down to prevent damage.

If you are using the AC plug (also called "duck head") with the power adapter, replace the AC cord for two or three pins that is included, or vice versa. Both connector types can be easily plugged into the adapter. If the adapter and load the computer now the LEDs are lit MagSafe Connector, AC plug "duck head" or the AC cord that you were using before no longer works, so you should stop using that connector and get one of spare.

I think the issue is with the DC cable (the thin cable that connects the MagSafe plug the power adapter) separates from the MagSafe connector end or the other end of the thin wire in the contact zone with the adapter. With continued use, the cable may discolor and the rubber can be deformed. Often this can be verified by moving forward and backward part of the cable closest to the MagSafe connector and checking whether the LED (which will turn amber or green) flashes according to the position of the cable.

Should we negotiate with technical assistance. Tell them that the charger is bare at the wire it will perhaps. And in this case, pulls a bit on the wire for damage if they take it up a bit.